Well well: looks like 2011 has come and gone and it went by so fast! I miss (most of) it already! Remember when I made my 2011 resolutions alongside my monthly goals? Let's see what I actually got done this year!
1) Donate more-whether it's money, clothes, time I want to do more of it. According to Der I get "donation binges" where I tear our home upside down and inside out ridding of things we no longer need/want and give them to some that do. No harm in it and I like it. I totally did this! I got rid of/gave a lot of clothes, energy, dishes, supplies, money, support, and time this year-all donating to friends, shelters, family, the community, etc. It's very humbling and rewarding to help others and to continue to de-clutter my home.
2) Stay healthy, hopefully slimming a bit in the process. I have no real reason not to and if you read this blog you'll know what I mean. Well...I was doing well...until this summer and especially this fall with school. A main goal for 2012 is to re-vamp all of my health stuff so we'll see what actually transpires.
3) Do well in school. I always have and don't plan on stopping. I did =] I could have done a tad bit better but considering-I am proud.
4) Travel more-this is a big one because Der and I both love to travel. Whether we go to Florida to see the in-laws and/or Disney World, California to see Patrick and/or Der's grandparents, or Chicago (just because I really wanna go) I want to get more traveling under my belt in 2011. The only place travel won't count is to Chattanooga since I go there all of the time. Travel I/we did! We went on The Delta Queen (though I know I said I wouldn't count Chattanooga...this only counts because it is a traveling hotel that happened to be docked in Chatt. and is pretty awesome), enjoyed a little time in The Smokies, I visited my family in Oklahoma, learned a bit about Jack Daniels in Lynchburg, and checked out one of my favorite cities with my hubs! May not be too much (or too far) for some but it was enough to get excited about and close enough that it wasn't a fortune! I definitely want this to be another goal for 2012 (and hopefully it will be complete too!)
5) Read more-I think when I get a Kindle this may be a bit easier. Now don't get me wrong: I love a good library smelling book as much as the next person but carrying 20 books in my over-the-shoulder tote doesn't seem to make sense for my shoulders or for purpose sake. So, with the Kindle I can lightly carry around the classics (not to mention my school books) for traveling and class sake. Psssh-I ROCKED this goal! I read 35 books that were not school related! This includes e-books (via my Kindle) and hard copies. I won't lie-this is pretty cool and something I totally want to carry over into 2012 (and every year!)
6) A photo a day project: if you're linked with me on Facebook.com, I am hoping to do a project where I take a photo a day and talk about it-traversing my year in 2011 through photos. Once I get a real camera this will be made much much easier but until then, crappy cell phone pics will have to do. 1 down, 364 to go! Oh I totally failed this, ha ha! I did about 60ish days and then just plum forgot!
7) Finish Raley home. We've lived here almost 8 months and everything isn't finished-in part due to finances, in part due to forgetfulness, lol. I want everything completed by the summer if possible, but by Dec. 31 2011 at the latest. Well-This is kind of done, LOL. The bedroom still needs some work but the rest of the place is pretty much complete! I need to post pics....
8) Go to at least 1 concert. I'm not really concerned as to whom I'm seeing but I want to see at least one. I don't think 2010 had any for me (at least none memorable) so I'd like to remedy that. HECK YEAH! Der and I went to see RUSH! I had wanted to go see my favorite band (Incubus) but the closest they came to Nashville was Atlanta and it was smack in the middle of the semester...maybe next time?
9) See more theater-especially since I am jonesing for it so much as of late. Whether it's professional ("Spring Awakening!") or local (MTSU) I want to see more of it. I did! I saw: MTSUs "Medea" with Kelly, saw Tonya in "Hairspray", MTSUs "RENT" with Tonya, a couple of 1 acts with Tonya and Ben at Out Front on Main, saw "Little Shop of Horrors" directed by Kelly at the high school she teaches at, and saw MTSU's original play "Lady Parts". Definitely felt good to see some theatre this year =] I didn't see a completely professional show but maybe 2012 can remedy that.
10) Celebrate. I don't care if it's for weddings, birthdays or sheer fun-I want to jump for joy even more this year though 2010 had a LOT of that going on. Life is for living, after all. Oh-SO SO SO many celebrations were had this year! It's very incredible to realize how awesome the people in your life are and to celebrate them and their/your accomplishments. I saw people (and dogs) getting older including me, I saw friends having babies, and saw friends getting married. I celebrated life with the passing of Clyde, Long John, and Anna. I also celebrated a 3 year relationship and 1 year of marriage with my boo. I have successfully completed 1 year of Graduate School in the journey of obtaining my Masters of Arts in Sociology. I have helped send my best friend off to Hawaii for the NAVY and have celebrated the purchase of my sister's first home. And duh-I celebrated holidays with great coworkers, wonderful friends and awesome family. 2011 was chucked full of amazing celebrations and I am so incredibly glad and thankful I was able to take part in all of them.
2011-You weren't bad. You absolutely had your downs but your ups more than made up for it. Cheers to bringing in 2012 with smiles, laughter and a lot of goals accomplished!
2012-I've got a good feeling you're going to be just as good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.







No comments:
Post a Comment