Sunday, April 3, 2011

The BIG Event

Yesterday, I participated in MTSU's The BIG Event-a day where the SGA, volunteers, and other organizations sign up to help clean up and "beautify" Rutherford County.  It started early and was a bit chilly but still worth it!  Check out the pictures detailing it below.

This was the SGA getting set up-they provided t-shirts and breakfast (fruit, muffins, juice, and water) to everyone involved.

My name tag.

The back of our T-shirts. Very cool. And the front said LIVE UNITED. Also very cool.

My group number (and team captain's hand)

Our trash bags-we were to pick up trash, pull weeds, and gather sticks.  For a group a 10 this isn't too bad, huh!?

This was our clean up site-Campus School. It was probably the cleanest school I've ever seen!

In front of the school they had a lovely memorial (above) for a child that had passed away.

My group!

I was asked to give an interview about why I had woken up at 8:00 on a Saturday morning to do community service and my answer was pretty simple: Why not? This city deserves respect and cleanliness like its citizens in it so I figured I could lend a hand in helping.

It was a quick project since the school was already so clean but still nice to be in the sun and helping out!

Have you done anything to help lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.