Saturday, September 28, 2013

It's about to be that time of year...

The holiday season yes but the 
SEASON 
OF 
FOOD.

Basically the worst time of year for someone on a diet.

Now I'll admit it: I am SUPER pumped for the Halloween candy, the desserts, the turkeys, the pies, the pumpkin spice lattes, the cranberries, the drinks!  But I have lost 32 pounds since March and these next 3 months are going to be VERY trying and tempting for me.

However, I'm looking forward to it because for this to truly be a lifestyle change for me (like I want it to be) the holidays are the PERFECT test!

Don't get it twisted.

I WILL be partaking in all of the delicious goodies I mentioned above along with many, many others.  B.U.T...I will be doing so in moderation, still counting calories and holding myself accountable to what I'm taking in and making myself stay focused and motivated.

If I can make it through birthdays, office outings, holidays (others that aren't quite as focused on food) and other celebrations then I can do this, right?

In exactly 2 weeks I will be in Hawaii helping my best friend get married!  I think that will be the jump start to all of the holiday food that I'm weary of (read: super stoked to eat but weary of re-gaining what I've lost).

Ya know what though?  If I gain some weight back...I will loose it again.  I am excited about the weight I've lost and anticipate pitfalls, bad days (or even weeks) but my mentality has changed for the good and I love feeling better!  I look better, sure.  But for real...I feel so much better!

My depression and anxiety hardly flair up.  My back doesn't usually hurt (unless I go awhile without working out).  I get excited about clothes shopping.  I get excited seeing my clothes get looser.  I sleep better.  I have less headaches and dragging feelings.  I feel more me than I have in years.

So BRING IT ON 2013 HOLIDAY SEASON!  I will enjoy you and everything you have to offer!
(in moderation of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.