The issue really is in teaching (mostly) men on how NOT to rape!!
Check out some of the awesome signs everyone made and some other pictures.
Jamie's sign
I love this!
Jamie and CJ and their shirts and sign. The shirts say "Got consent?" and "It's a dress-not a yes!"
More signs-at the start of walk #1.
A group coming back from walk #1-it was such a large group!! SO many signs and activism =]
My sign-it says "We do NOT ask for it."
Some of the group sitting listening to Stella Parton (author and sister to Dolly) describe her sexual assault, give some alarming stats, and sing us a song from the movie "The Color Purple". Very inspiring.
It was a wonderful experience to know so many people wanted to come together to bring about more awareness for sexual assault victims. I left after about an hour but when I left they did another walk and then held a candle light vigil in honor of those victims. VERY cool. Make sure you educate your self and others around you!
I suggest next time the SW rolls around in your town for you to attend-totally worth it.







No comments:
Post a Comment