(At my bridal tea in Chatt)
I can't make a timeline of my best friend and I's friendship because frankly I don't have that many pictures on the computer of it nor do I have the time frame in which to do it in!! Her name is Destiny and she's pretty much my soul mate.
And she is going in to the Navy...on WEDNESDAY (meaning 2 days from RIGHT NOW). I've known about this for a while and she was actually on the phone with me when she realized that was what she wanted to do with her life for the time being...and I was supportive yet sad.
This past weekend I said good-bye. Now listen: I know she's just going to boot camp for 2 months and then to Florida for the 4 months after that before she's stationed wherever...but you need to understand-me moving to the Boro or when she moved to NC it was a BIG DEAL because we talk on the phone at least 3 times a week and see each other every time I come in to Chattanooga. So for me to not be able to talk to her for 2 months is going to be gruesome. And then for her to go to Florida (8 hrs+) away will also not settle well...
BUT:
I am so incredibly proud of her. This is such a wonderful thing she's chosen to do and if that's what she wants then damn it-I'll want it for her! I have cried off and on over the past week about it-happy tears (mostly). I am sad and a little selfish in the fact that I want to keep her here and around me as much as possible. I want to spend hours on the phone in silence because we're laughing so hard you can't hear it. I want to watch movies and argue about scratching each other's backs before we falls asleep.
BUT:
I won't cry anymore because I know this is what she wants and that our friendship won't bend let alone break. I know she'll be my same best friend in 2 months or 5 years.
And I am thankful for that and proud to call her my best friend.
My best friend Destiny-the E-3 SN Seaman of the United States Navy.
Proud of you Pete <3










No comments:
Post a Comment