Alright so a couple of things first:
1) I AM IN GRADUATE SCHOOL! I will officially begin Jan 13th to earn my MA in Sociology, taking 6 hours this semester. I. can. not. wait.
2) I AM IN THE GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP (GA) PROGRAM! This is a program where I'll work 20 hours per week on campus doing research, grading papers, helping assist classes, etc. It also pays for my tuition per semester if my GPA is a 3.0 or above and allots a stipend per month to me for my work! Again: I. CAN. NOT. WAIT! I am stupidly stoked about this and I have talked to one of the professors who I'm working with and he's covering info. and studies that I'm super interested in! YES! More to come once I'm really in it.
*Okay-now that the sheer excitement is out of the way, I shall detail our New Year's Eve shin-dig. We had a few friends over (Patrick-in from LA!, Brian, and Mark) to hang out with for the New Year. We had a random assortment of food, partly because we didn't know we were having the party at our house until Thursday evening, lol. We had chili dip (recipe to come later), shrimp cocktail, and cookies (weird, right?!) The boys brought whiskey for them and I had margarita mix and tequila for me-the sparking white wine we had was bad. We all just hung out, played games, and laughed until the New Year came along. John and Elisa stopped by after getting back from San Diego to say hello and Happy New Year! It's nice to have them back!! I was beat so after the New Year was rung (?) in I changed and went to bed-oh so tired. I fell asleep to the sounds clicking and beating and was totally okay with it, lol. Unfortunately I didn't take a lot of pictures-I just forgot!-but here a the 4 I did, lol.
Here is Der with his whiskey and coke watching his friends play Rock Band 3 (ignore my stems in the pic)
Here are Brian (guitar), Patrick (drums), and Mark (bass) playing RB3
Me and Mr. R bringing in the New Year with a sweet kiss
Me and D smiling for 2011
One awesome thing I realized NYE is that I have officially lost some weight! I tried on 2 dresses of which: one I couldn't get in to and the other I was super uncomfy in-and they BOTH fit (and fairly well)!!!! YAY! So even though I didn't go shop for a new dress in a smaller size, it's still nice to know that 2 I haven't been able to wear (in over a year) I can again! So I made Der promise to take me on an amazing date so I can wear my LBD. Love it. I am proud of myself and so was Der! He knew how much me not fitting in to some of my clothes was messing with my esteem so it was nice to have some positive and laid back compliments when I had achieved it (he's kind of my hero like that).
Happy 2011 to all!
Now on to New Year-pt. 2 of 3 (Monthly Goals)!











SO proud of you!! Grad school, and an assistantship to boot!!! Yaaaaay!!!
ReplyDelete