Saturday, January 22, 2011

Zoo Run Run-5K

I did it! I completed the Zoo Run Run without passing out, freezing to death, or getting trampled on!

**This gets marked off of the January TO-DO list for my health goals! YIPPEE!**

Check the pictures out below for a bit of the details.  It was very cold but sunshiny and decent outside.  There was a HUGE turnout it seemed so it was great that I wasn't the only one freezing pre-run.  I had to stop my jog a few times due to: bad leg cramps, large crowds of walkers who wouldn't move to the side, and once I got a cramp in my side I massaged out whilst walking up a hill.  BUT-I'd say overall I did well and had a great time doing it!


Welcome to the Nashville Zoo! Pretty and quiet little place.  I didn't get pictures of the (few) animals that were out because the zoo closed early for the run and most of the animals were put away.  I did see a handful of animals (birds, cougar, horse, anteaters) but since Derrick had my camera I didn't stop to check them out...maybe this will be a trip to come in 2011?!


This is me after I got registered and had my bib pinned on! Super excited-if you can't tell.  I opted out of being timed because since I will never call myself a runner (no offense to those who are...I just am not) and I'm not focused on my times (overall or per lap) I didn't want one.


Here's me and the hubs.  He looks miserable, right? Well he kind of was BUT he was being oh-so-sweet and supportive of me doing this so he woke up and trudged up the the Ville to cheer me on and smile at the finish line (and he did WONDERFULLY at both!)  Also, he hates getting pictures taken so this was probably as good as it was going to get, LOL!  He was an ice cube by the time I was done so we got in the car and thawed him out for a bit! Poor guy's got a headache now =(


Here's me with my headphones on trying to warm up and get pumped with some music before the run. (Don't judge my outfit!)


Here's me getting nervous because the race was about to start and there were tons of people there.


Now-here's me 3.1 miles later with a smile on my face at my accomplishment of completing this 5K! Very sweaty and randomly cold but overall felt great!


It's legit-I've trained and completed the Nashville Zoo Run Run 5K!

Now on to a warm bath and some relaxing!

4 comments:

Powered by Blogger.