Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year-pt. 3 of 3 (Resolutions)

Last but not least: part 3 of my New Year's trilogy-resolutions for 2011.  As I've said before, I am usually a daily or monthly list maker BUT 2011 has a lot in store that I want to accomplish.  Obviously they'll fall in months once done but I want to make an overall list for when I'm lose sight or get too overwhelmed.

1) Donate more-whether it's money, clothes, time I want to do more of it.  According to Der I get "donation binges" where I tear our home upside down and inside out ridding of things we no longer need/want and giving them to some that do. No harm in it and I like it.
2) Stay healthy, hopefully slimming a bit in the process.  I have no real reason not to and if you read this blog you'll know what I mean.
3) Do well in school. I always have and don't plan on stopping.
4) Travel more-this is a big one because Der and I both love to travel.  Whether we go to Florida to see the in-laws and/or DisneyWorld, California to see Patrick and/or Der's grandparents, or Chicago (just because I really wanna go) I want to get more traveling under my belt in 2011. The only place travel won't count is to Chattanooga since I go there all of the time.
5) Read more-I think when I get a Kindle this may be a bit easier.  Now don't get me wrong: I love a good library smelling book as much as the next person but carrying 20 books in my over-the-shoulder tote doesn't seem to make sense for my shoulders or for purpose sake.  So, with the Kindle I can lightly carry around the classics (not to mention my school books) for traveling and class sake.
6) A photo a day project: if you're linked with me on Facebook.com, I am hoping to do a project where I take a photo a day and talk about it-traversing my year in 2011 through photos.  Once I get a real camera this will be made much much easier but until then, crappy cell phone pics will have to do. 1 down, 364 to go!
7) Finish Raley home.  We've lived here almost 8 months and everything isn't finished-in part due to finances, in part due to forgetfulness, lol. I want everything completed by the summer if possible, but by Dec. 31 2011 at the latest.
8) Go to at least 1 concert. I'm not really concerned as to whom I'm seeing but I want to see at least one.  I don't think 2010 had any for me (at least none memorable) so I'd like to remedy that.
9) See more theater-especially since I am jonesing for it so much as of late. Whether it's professional ("Spring Awakening!") or local (MTSU) I want to see more of it.
10) Celebrate.  I don't care if it's for weddings, birthdays or sheer fun-I want to jump for joy even more this year though 2010 had a LOT of that going on. Life is for living, after all.

I know many of these seem kind of "DUH!" but keeping track of them along with life in general may be harder than it seems-we'll see!

What are you hoping to accomplish in 2011?!

2 comments:

  1. Can you get textbooks on a Kindle?? That sounds so much easier... and so much less expensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can-well, at least a large portion of them (I'm not sure about all of them)!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.