Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 1 down

Well-it's official.  I have officially completed my first full week of graduate school + GA work!  Granted: this technically wouldn't be the case until 9 PM tonight but since my class was cancelled-voila!

It is going to be so much fun.  Sounds weird-right? 

*My GA work is going to be awesome with my research help on coping mechanisms (namely religion) for women with life sentences and with the proctoring and small amounts of lecturing for Marriage and Family as well as Sociological Theory!
*My classes are going to be intense but great.  Social Statistics and the use of SPSS are going to challenge me since I am NOT a math person but when I took it in undergrad I made an A.  My Qualitative Research Methods class is also going to be extremely challenging with the research/focus groups I have to work on as well as my portfolio and application to the faux IRB (Institutional Review Board)...and if the faux IRB denies my proposal to do my research then I have to come up with new topics!  Stressed=yes. Excited=YES x10!

I plan on really sitting down on Sunday and organizing my notes. notebooks, etc. and really getting back in to my school groove.  There's a ton of reading and downloading of files but I wouldn't have it any other way!

MTSU-watch out.  I'm coming to conquer.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.