I am in love with the following things:
1) Navy or Ink colored anything. Whether it's nails, clothes, or accessories I am in love with this color right now. I haven't found one person that's wearing it and not found them a tad classy. It's just so chic!
Navy/Ink colored nails
(photo courtesy of Vogue.com)
Navy/Ink colored apparel *droooooooooooooool* I want this tunic SO bad.
(photo courtesy of Mod Retro Indie Clothing & Vintage Clothes)
2) Copper colored eyes/shadows. I have been told that my actual iris' are the shade of "honey", "tigers eye" and "copper"-all of which I find very flattering. [Unfortunately the DMV and other governmental agencies only have options for brown, green, blue, and hazel so I'm legally a hazel eyed person.] So, with my Scotts-Irish/Cherokee skin tones and my "copper" eyes I adore copper shadow-on myself as well as on others. I don't think specifics really affect this shadow either because I've seen different ethnicities, hair colors, and skin tones wear it (trust me-just Google it and you'll know what I mean) and it always looks fierce. See what I mean:
3 different shades of copper eyeshadow/bronzer-perfect for different skin tones. This specific brand is from Stila.
(photo courtesy of My Makeup Reviews Blog)
God I love this photo! Simplistic surrounding makeup and this fierce shade! Tell me you don't love the copper trend and I'll buy you a drink.
(photo courtesy of Marie Claire.com)
So naturally-since I am so in love with these two things...
This is my navy purse-purchased from Target-that I ADORE! It matches with everything (for the fall/winter), is big enough to hold everything I need it to AND looks stunning on its own accord. [Special thanks to my sister for the Target gift card which pushed me to go check things out in the first place!]
And here is my M.A.C. copper eyeshadow that I rocked yesterday to work! My sister bought this for me when I was 17 and I still haven't scratched the bottom of the pot yet! Granted-I don't wear it every day but I could and it would still last forever! One (of many) things I love about M.A.C. cosmetics is that they use high pigments (meaning more concentrated colors/elements) so the you don't have to use as much when applying-therefore it lasts longer and isn't too heavy! I know the rule of throwing makeup out when it gets too old but I refuse to toss this until it's bone dry.
This love is pretty strong. I love these colors separate but throw them together and you've got an amazing combo of chic/fierce-which in my opinion is a perfect balance for a girl who's got a rounded personality.
(photo courtesy of Google search)
[This is more gold than copper but you get the gist of how awesome they look together.]
Check these pairings and tell me you're not in love too...it's okay: I don't mind the affair as long as the love is real, LOL.
(photo courtesy of Smarter Blogs)
(photo courtesy of Omiru.com - C. Ronson "Annabelle" Shoes | $146 at Active Endeavors)
OR
(photo courtesy of 25 park)
Perfect slim Navy clutch
(Photo courtesy of Google search)
(photo courtesy of albanysalsashoes.com)
(photo courtesy of la-sheboutique.com)
*This second outfit is my favorite! There are so many textures that work so well together and the colors are so smooth together...*droooooooooools* one day...one day, LOL.
Well-I'm sure you all get the idea...I'm in love with copper and navy. If any of you decide to try this fierce combo together PLEASE show me so I can add it to this blog! I'm going shopping today so if I can find something that works-I'm doing it!
**Love and Kisses from the Mrs.**

















LOVE that coppery dress & the blue clutch with it! What a beautiful combination in general!
ReplyDeletexoxo, Scarlett
glamourist.blogspot.com
I know right? And low and behold-I go to the mall and there is navy EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE! I drooled and proceeded to get a few items for good measure =]
ReplyDelete