Check out this killer [and easy] recipe!
Oreo Truffles
Ingredients needed:
*1 pack of Oreos
*1 pack of softened cream cheese-fat free or regular works just fine. (Make sure the cream cheese has sat out for at least 10 minutes and is soft before trying this-when it's softer it works much smoother).
*1 bag of chocolate chips (this can be any kind-I used both white chocolate and milk chocolate)
*Festive sprinkles (optional)
Supplies needed:
*1 large mixing bowl
*1 mixer-hand or automatic work just fine. You can technically do this by hand but it would be much easier and less time consuming to use a mixer of some kind. Call me lazy but this isn't how I like to work out my arms and spend my time, haha!
*Wax paper
*Trays (I needed 2 for this amount-both about 12"x6" baking trays)
*Rolling Pin (optional)
*1 Tablespoon (optional)
*Food processor (optional)
*Toothpicks (optional)
Directions:
Step 1-Break up entire pack of Oreos. Using a food processor works best but you can also break them in pieces, stick the pieces in a large Ziploc baggie, and crush with a rolling pin. The point is to get the cookies to a power like state. Once pieces are "powder", place in a large mixing bowl (plastic bowl=not the best idea...I'll explain later).
Step 2-Place softened cream cheese in the large mixing bowl with the Oreo "powder".
Step 3-Mix Oreo "power" and cream cheese together. You should end up with a dough like mixture. **I say use a glass or sturdy mixing bowl because when I tried this with my flimsy plastic bowl crumbs went EVERYWHERE-on the floor, in the dog bowl, behind the counter...everywhere! So I would highly suggest using a glass or porcelain bowl to mix to avoid this mess, haha!**
Step 4- After making the "dough", pour chocolate chips into microwave safe bowl and put time on for 1 minute. After 1 minute, stir chips and heat for 1 minute more. After this, stir and you should have melted chocolate. There are many other ways to melt chocolate but I find this works best when time is of the essence. **I used both white chocolate chips and milk chocolate. You can use whatever you want to make them taste awesome-this is the coating!**
Step 5- I used my [clean] hands but you can also use a tablespoon to scoop up/roll the dough into walnut size balls-obviously you can make these however big or small you need to but I find these are good sizes for finger desserts.
Step 6- Once balls are formed, roll/dip them into the melted chocolate. You can utilize a toothpick, a spoon or your fingers to do this-just make sure they are completely coated in chocolate.
Step 7- Once balls are dipped in chocolate, place them on the wax paper covered trays. Sprinkle if you wish.
Step 8- Place ball covered trays in the fridge to harden. They need to harden or they become a gooey mess.
And that's it! They need to chill for at least 20 minutes but they can stay overnight if you want. Pull those puppies out, place on a serving dish and voila! You're done! SO simple, pretty quick to make and SO SO good! Mine came out a little messy but they more than make up for it in taste!
I hope you try this out-you'll wow your friends and not spend a lot on ingredients! Cheap and easy-why wait?!
Happy baking!
J







No comments:
Post a Comment