It was 1 day after my nephew Andrew's 3rd birthday so they are literally 20 years apart-so cool! Anyway, we celebrated Der's day by playing in the snow and playing Rock Band 3 with our neighbors. I couldn't go in to work since it was SO snowy so luckily we got to hang out all day!
This was the view from our patio of my car and the streets-you couldn't even see them! So beautiful and fluffy!
We tried walking to the restaurant down the street but they were closed due to the weather so we went to Chilis instead! Yummy food and lots of laughs-just what the doctor ordered. We came back to the house and since I couldn't get Derrick's present we hung out some more with our friends for the evening-very fun, laid back and cold day.
I tried to go Tuesday to get Derrick's surprise gift but because of the ice and snow I still couldn't get there! I let him know and he said it was fine if I got them for him the next day seeing that was his birthday dinner with our friends.
So-Wednesday we go to Red Lobster (which is Der's favorite restaurant) and meet up with a great group of friends to celebrate! Check out the crappy cell phone pics below:
Here's be and the birthday boy! He was being a smart-ass because he didn't want his picture taken, lol.
Der and Elisa (John is right next to her but refused to get a picture!) They're our lovely neighbors you seem to hear so much about.
Mark and Tonya-Mark was the best man at our wedding and Tonya was our attendant who helped so much with everything!
Kelly with precious nephew-by-non-blood Dylan.
Wes-Kelly's husband-and Andrew
And me and Andrew because...I just love this kid!
We all had a really nice night laughing, eating, and just talking. When the dinner was over Mark, Tonya, John and Elisa came over to play on the Kinect I got Derrick! It is soooo cool! It takes pictures and everything while you play so you can see how much of a nut you look like, LOL! We had a good time and when they left I crashed! So tired after work, party and then playing on the Kinect. Plus: it was the first day of school the next day so I needed to rest ;)
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the gift again on Wednesday BUT I was able to put an order in so I could get them Thursday....
May I introduce you to diabetes? Or to a sugar coma? OH. MY. GOD.
This is a GiGi's cupcake-3 delicious layers of butter cream frosting topped with white sprinkles on top of moist and rich white cake? It really is H.U.G.E. Like...intimidatingly large.
This is called the wedding cake cupcake. Der and I were fortunate enough to have tasted these at our food tasting for the wedding. He fell in love with them and has always talked about them; then we stumbled across a GiGi's here in the Boro! And we had talked about getting some one day and (lucky Der) a great reason for something this sweet came along!
*Whew!* It's a lot to take in...but oh so good!
And that was the husband's 23rd birthday spanning 4 days long chucked full of friends and food.
And I don't think he minded a bit!
I LOVE YOU DER! <3















Dylan and Andrew are getting so BIG!! Oh my god!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm pretty sure I just gained five pounds by thinking about that cupcake.
Happy belated to Mr. Raley. :-)