Friday, July 30, 2010

Goodbye July

As cliche as it sounds, I can't believe it's already the end of July!  This summer has flown by and I'm not even in school this coming fall!

I have been awake since 6:07 this morning-but I woke feeling rested and my allergies weren't completely kicking my face in so...not a bad start to this Friday.  I mean I've got coffee in hand, blog in lap before getting ready for work and I'm feeling alright.

Chattanooga was WONDERFUL, as it always is.  Mom's show "Brigadoon!" was sweet and I cried every time the live bagpipes were played-god they're TOO BEAUTIFUL!  We didn't get to see dad because he got called in to work but we were able to hang out with Destiny and see "Get him to the Greek" at the cheap movie theater-FUNNY movie.  I won't be back in the Noog until late August for Jen's party (see details below) but I think Destiny and Mom are going to come up here and see the new place!  =]

This weekend Tonya is coming down and we may paint and swim-totally looking forward to it!  I'm trying to convince Kelly, Wes, and the boys to come down but I don't think I'm winning, lol.  I'm going to make a big pot of what I call "Mess Chili" and corn bread that we can eat off and on all that day-and freeze what we didn't to use another time next week!

*Mess Chili is just your own chili recipe using whatever ingredients you want-following no specific "recipe" of any kind.  We're using:  green chili peppers, browned beef, black beans, chili beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, chili power, garlic, and potentially a little corn. Nothing too fancy-just yummy!  Just throw it all in a crock pot in the morning, set on low, and it should be done around mid afternoon/supper time! If you're on a time crunch-pump it to high and it should be done in a few hours.

Also my sister is graduating from University of Phoenix in Oklahoma on Saturday with her Masters in Business Administration! SO proud of her-she's been working her butt of for the past 2 years and it's paid off!  I think her and her husband (Steve) are going on a cruise at the end of august (?) to celebrate-as they should! The families are throwing her a party mid-august so she can get cards, money, gifts, etc. all while hanging out with the people she loves and eating some good grub!  I love when the family gets together.  If you haven't been able to tell, I am a HUGE family person, lol.

Derrick is officially an In-State student now-which drops his yearly tuition by almost 2/3!! He's still having to battle a bit with financial aid but it's all getting sorted out (early this time!) so he's got a month to work out the kinks before classes begin.

It's weird not going to school this semester.  I didn't last fall-but I was a fresh faced college grad who was desperately looking for work and waiting a bit before going in to Grad. School.  Now I'm aching to get back to school-I applied to MTSU for the Spring 2011 Grad. School Program.  I still haven't taken my GRE so I won't hear anything (if I do it will be: "We've got your application but before we can process anything, we need the following things...") until I do and get my scores.  I'm still aiming to take it in Late September/Early October...I think I can do it!  I'll have to start very slow until Derrick graduates because I've still got to work!  Still-I'm excited and hope things fall in to place within the next few months.  =]

Nothing too important to say, just a quick recap of the past few days to the next few days. 

Oh! I forgot to say we got a new comforter that matches the bedroom color scheme PERFECTLY for only $14.99!  Since it's a cheap comforter, I don't think we'll feel like it was a "waste of money" if we end up wanting another one, especially if we get new and bigger mattresses.  It's totally cute and when the bedroom is a bit more completed (almost there!) I'll post new pics.

The place is coming along quite well, if I may say.

I love your faces,
JeR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.