I'm not going to school currently but I still get the giddy excited feeling like I am when I go to the store and see new supplies and tons of parents fighting over the Hannah Montana and Dragon Ball-Z binders. I love school supplies-it's kind of an obsession...I guess it's better than heroin, right?! lol
*Takes my breath away with giddiness!*
I've decided that I'm going to live vicariously through Derrick this semester while I wait on my letter for Grad school to come in. I've still got the GRE to study for and take so once that's out of the way I'll start really feeling excited because I may just be going back to school in the Spring! I really do hope so-I miss the classes and the learning and I am ready.
In other news: I will have finished "Treasure Island" about an hour after I finish this blog. It took me a while to read-not because it's a hard or complicated read at all-but because I didn't make as much time to read it as I have with other books in the past...and that's just biased. SO yesterday morning I read on it for like 2 hours and the previous week made sure I read at least 1 chapter before I went to bed; now I have 2 small chapters left before my adventure with Jim and Cap'n Silver is over. I have very much enjoyed it. Everyone knows the story but actually reading it has been fun-I suggest it to those readers out there. I technically wanted to finish it "before August started" but I fell asleep with my ear buds in listening to Incubus last night instead, haha!
But my dilemma is: now what should I read? Since I lost my Steinbeck anthology (I grumble and sulk every time I think about it!) which had 5 of his short stories in it so now I don't know what I want to read. I was going through a "Steinbeck binge" there for a while but since I lost it I haven't been feeling Steinbecky. Maybe when Der gets his loan money he'll get it again for me? Gee, I sure would love it. =] I may start Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead" but I'm not sure...maybe with my next paycheck I'll go get a few new books-I've read like 96% of the books and scripts on our shelves and I'd like to read some new ones instead of re-reading right now...
Any suggestions?
XoXo








I'm definately a little biased, but if you haven't read it, you NEED to read Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind. It's captivating.
ReplyDeleteIf you're in the mood for binge reading, though, I might suggest the Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I'd start with A Study in Scarlett, then The Sign of the Four (two of the novels) then The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (the first collection of stories.) They are absolutely Delicious. :-)