First-a recap of my loverly night last night with husband. I got a text on Thursday saying Friday-after I got off of work-was to be "us" day with lots of time spent together and a big romantic surprise. So when I turn the key yesterday to come inside to say hello to Tucker and check the mail I came in to this:
Not too good of a picture (stupid cell phone) but it's our table set for 2 to candle light! I go in the kitchen and Derrick is boiling our wheat spaghetti noodles and grilling some chicken breasts!
(You can't tell here but it's wheat spaghetti with chicken alfredo and butter rolls! SO delicious!)
He had such a sheepish smile on his face-it was precious. He said "Hi darling" and we wrapped our arms around each other and kissed and hugged-briefly recapping our day before talks of the romance to the right of us. I asked what was for dinner, while looking around with a smile on my face. It was so nice! I also started noticing that the dishes had been done, everything had been tidied and cleaned, bed made, floor swept...wow! Now Derrick and I both do our share of cleaning but we: a) usually wait until the weekend and b) usually split it all up. Our house wasn't a disaster or anything but it was wonderful coming home and noticing how clean everything was and how I didn't need to even think about any of it at least until today. I am very grateful. After dinner we went to the bedroom and just hung out-really. We talked, listened to music, laughed, and laid down in hopes of letting our food settle before taking Tucker on a walk and watching "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".
BUT: I ended up either eating too much or dinner did not mesh well with lunch and became extremely ill...so we have postponed the dog walk and the movie to today-after Derrick helps some friends move. I absolutely HATE that I got so sick but even still-Derrick was understanding, lovable, and very accommodating. He came and checked on me off and on all night. I fell asleep at like 8:00 and outside of for a few minutes when he went to bed, didn't wake up again until 7:30 this morning! Stomach is still a bit woozy but definitely not anywhere close to what it was last night. It's great to know I didn't disappoint him and I hope he knows he didn't disappoint me. Being married has it's perks-but being in love and having a wonderful friend to partake in that love with you doesn't hurt, lol. So today we shall swim, walk, play, laugh, watch, and enjoy. I can't wait <3
Second: I have yet to begin another book. I've got "The Scarlett Pimpernel" by my bed but just haven't picked it up and started reading it yet...I honestly don't think it's the book I really want to read right now. I want to read it-for sure-just not for the moment. So I'll scourge our book shelves in hopes of finding something I haven't read (which shall be doubtful) and then wait until I've got a bit of extra cash and I'll go get a few. I get paid on Wednesday and I plan on getting a GRE study book-in hopes that it can help! So when I'm picking it up, I may just pick up another book or two. I'd really like to start on the "Hitchhikers" series but there are 5 and I'd much rather buy all 5 than 1 at a time...when I get into books I usually GET IN TO them, if ya know what I mean. I'll check my GoodReads account (go here to know what I'm talking about) and see what I've got on my To Read list. There are so many good books out there so hopefully my decision(s) will be well made.
Third: I have been listening to my iPod a lot more recently. It's been very enlightening, to say the least. I've rediscovered my love for Cake, Coldplay, Radiohead, and a bunch of random artists and songs set on shuffle. *For those who have not at least listened to ColdPlay's album "Viva la Vida"-YOU ARE MISSING OUT. GO DO IT. I've been falling asleep the past few nights with my ear buds in and a calm in my head. Last night I remembered that I used to go to sleep with some sort of music playing-usually classical-every night. I don't know when I stopped doing that...I guess when I went to college and had to share the room with more than just me? I also used to listen to music when I got ready for school, dances, parties, going out, etc. I still do that-just not as much as I did. In retrospect, I have loved music in every genre, form, style since I was a small child and have grown up absolutely enjoying everything about it to the fullest. I guess what I'm trying to say is: I need more music on my iPod and I need to listen to it more. Hell, I've got 120 GB worth of space on the damn thing and I've only got like 19 or 20 GB actually on it. I seriously need to invest in some iTunes and more cds so I can up this usage. I need to put some "books on tape" and some operas on there-both totally worth the extra GB usage. (If you're interested in opera, I'd suggest: Tosca and Carmen. If you're not sure about opera or these 2-check for sound bites on them so you can listen.)
Last: Work is going well. I've got a training class to go to on Tuesday and then the following Wednesday I must trek to Clarksville for the day and actual train some people...kind of cool, kind of not. It's all going fairly well. A friend and out main PT is leaving soon-which sucks-but his replacement is a cool guy with a great work ethic. Things are a changin' and mostly good (at least for our office) but things are getting a bit heated and intense elsewhere...it will all work out-it always does, doesn't it??
Alright crickets and kittens-time for this train to head out.
I miss you already.
<3










No comments:
Post a Comment