Sunday, July 4, 2010

Photos for the Bathroom (Home is Where You Make It: Part IV)

Yes, it seems a bit awkward that I have been Googling "black and white photography of bathrooms" for almost 30 minutes...BUT our bathroom walls are bare and they need something on the walls...and since our shower curtain is a kinda of a colored MOD theme and we have matching light blue towels...it was hard for me to think of what to hang in there on said walls, especially within this bizarre color scheme...

So, I've been Googling pictures of bathroom things (faucets, toilet paper rolls, bath tubs, etc.) to get some good black and whites to put in white frames -they will match everything perfectly and shouldn't be awkward when viewing while one does his/her business.  I was debating on some semi nude photos (since it's a bathroom) but I haven't found any that I find tasteful enough to be hung...so I journey on.


I've also found some great black and whites of flowers to hang in the bedroom.  I ripped them off one of my facebook friends pics since she was doing photography and they turned out really well.  I find no shame in that because I will be displaying them in our new home and I think they'll go really well in the bedroom with the blues, grays and whites.


So, obviously, with the next paycheck I'll be buying: frames for both the bathroom and bedroom in which I will place these photos and I'll be printing these photos (along with the ones that are to go in the frames I bought last paycheck for the living room).

It's all coming together! With each paycheck if we can get at least 1 thing our little home will soon be complete!!

There are still some "bigger ticket" items that we need such as:

*Wall art for the dining room (the picture I've found and like is $50 so I'm waiting to see if I can find one cheaper first)
*Curtains and rod for the bedroom (large windows so everything will have to be doubled [sheers and curtains + 1 REALLY long rod])
*Area rug for the living room (the size we'd like runs about $60-$70)
*New sheets, blanket, and comforter set for the bedroom (runs about $100 IF they still have it in the colors and size we want/need)
*Medium wall shelf for the living room
*DVD rack (not expensive but I keep forgetting about it, lol)
*Baskets for under the bathroom sink for storage and a basket for Tuckers toys (again, not expensive-I just keep forgetting)
*A new couch (this is the LAST thing on the list...since this is the most expensive-but we're working with what we've got for right now)

I am loving our place.  I can't wait to look back on these blogs and photos when I'm older (and maybe with kids?!) and show them Mr. and Mrs. Raley's first home as husband and wife *love sigh*




It's good to finally be home.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.