Thursday, July 8, 2010

A surprisingly good feast

Well since my metabolism seems out of wack lately, I came home and immediately started cooking dinner for Der and me because I was soooo hungry.  I only ate 3 hours before but it seemed like it was 14 hours previous.

So, I set some chicken in the fridge last night and this morning to thaw and I wasn't sure of what I planned on doing with it...just that I was going to cook it, lol.

Okay-so I'm going to brag about something really quick. I love the frozen steamers.  I've had the peas, corn, and mix veggie medley and they all taste INCREDIBLE!  They taste fresh, take like 4-5 minutes to steam in the microwave, and they are perfect in size (depending on what you get).  We get the small one and it works just right for 2 people.

Next I got the badass mashed potatoes cooking-also takes 3-4 minutes in the microwave.  Yes: they are instant mashed potatoes but since we don't have them often and the "eyes" one potatoes creep me out, I flake out and get the flakes  ;]

So anyway-I got a few chicken cutlets out, cut them in little chunks, "soaked" them in olive oil and garlic powder salt, then threw them on the George Forman.  Man, they took like 3 minutes!  I swear, this was the quickest meal I've ever made!

When I pulled the pieces off the grill I sprinkled the chicken with some grated mozzarella and pepper...and it tasted SO SO good!

May I suggest this for dinner?!  I don't have a picture because we ate it so quickly but it's totally a meal I plan on cooking in the future.

Might I suggest some spontaneity and boldness when cooking? It really livens up the meal, the process, and the accomplishment  =]

Now: I plan on polishing off a few M&Ms for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.