I woke up at 7:37 this morning...the latest I've woken up in probably a month! It felt really nice, lol.
While my coffee percolates and I am prepping for our trip to Chattanooga for the next 2 1/2 days, I've been reading new blogs, thinking about the new friends we've made, and still trying to wake up, all before 9:00 AM. It's been nice. We are going to see the last performance of the show "Brigadoon!" that my mom is in and celebrate (late) my dad's 47th birthday...and then I have my gynecologist apt. Monday morning before coming back to work for a 1/2 day Monday afternoon. I like being busy-or even busy-ish. It suits me and makes me feel more content and driven. *Note to self: stay busy!
Anyway...
I have had a wonderful past few days with some pretty fantastic people (if I do say so myself) and am ready for a few more in the Noog.
Thursday evening I babysat Andrew and Dylan for Kelly and Wes' 3 year wedding anniversary. It was so much fun! Watching those boys (Andrew is 2 1/2, Dylan is almost 6 mos.) develop their personalities and learn new things constantly is so astounding and a bit liberating. I can't wait to be a parent (Okay-technically we ARE waiting-no money and Der in school with me potentially getting in Grad school but still...) and watch these tiny little humans blossom to become individuals with strong personalities and developing their own thoughts and hobbies. BIZARRE. We 3 had entirely too much fun (even with Dylan crying off and on) and I'd totally do it again in a heart beat. I really do love those boys.
Yesterday evening I came home to change and charge my phone before heading to get some SB with Lauren Ashlee. It was fun and I learned something new (GRE stats and the like) and we caught up before she heads to Louisville. But I'll admit, I'll hate not having my SB buddy to chat with and sit comfortably in silence with on random occasions...I guess that means I'll need to trek to Louisville and expect a visit in return ; ]
Also yesterday I made 2 new friends: John and Elisa. Derrick met John in his Econ class last semester (I think?) and they kind of "hit it off". When we were getting the mail one day last week, the boys ran in to one another and we discovered he and his wife and pets live at the same complex we do! So John invited Der over one day, they hung out, and then yesterday, while I'm at work, he brings a note to Derrick from his wife asking us to dinner for the evening. How sweet is that!? So I was a bit nervous yet excited-new friends are always so fun to meet. I had to cut my coffee date short (even though I was late getting home!) and came home to walk over to their place with the husband. John had made dinner-BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, cous cous, and pineapple/cherrry upside down cake! It was great! I met his wife Elisa with whom I have a TON in common with and we all just hung out and talked all night. I feel like we've made 2 new friends-officially. I mean hell-it's official on facebook, lol. I hope we can continue to become better friends-especially with 2 people very similar to der and myself.
Alright-the coffee is made and the shower is running. I've got to split!
More updates on the Nooga and my new friendships soon, cross my heart!
JeR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.







No comments:
Post a Comment