Well these past 4 days have been interesting, that's for sure.
A lot of drama over nothing but of course, it seems to come with the territory...I'm not going to go in to much detail (because I've got a bit of class) but I'll say it was pointless and worthless and I'm glad it's over and we've moved on but I will say this: ANYONE who wants to talk bad about my husband has me to deal with...and it ain't always pretty, kids. I will defend my family until the day I die or am killed from it-get it?!
Okay-now no more threats and "intimidation" from me, lol (yeah right: like I could threat?!).
My allergies have come back full force and are slowly kicking my ass (again). I think it's time for another appointment to the Allergist and for an Allergy cover for my bed-I am extremely allergic to dust mites.
(GROSS HUH?!)
And when my allergies come back full force, it feels like I'm knocking over on my ass and I'm so tired and groggy all day long...which has made today (Wednesday) seem that much longer, lol. Hey, tomorrow is Thursday so not too many complaints, right?! =]I have been doing pretty well with my Dictionary.com and my Wikipedia.com goals. Plus since Derrick is also kind of my personal dictionary (especially for some old school words), my vocabulary and brain are slowly expanding! My long term goals are kind of on hiatus (mostly due to funds) but with my next pay check I AM getting 1 of (potentially?) 3 study guides/vocabulary cards/books for the GRE. I'd like to take it this fall at some point and get my scores within the 6-8 week time frame...so let's aim for test in September/October, shall we? Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted.
I am slowly reading "Treasure Island". I mean I know the story (who doesn't?!) but it's still nice to immerse myself in a new piece of literature and check out the language and the actual story-ya dig? I may re-read:
if I'm feeling frisky...but (thankfully!) I've read it like 720581 times so I think I'm safe for the new flick in November ;] If not this, I'll probably start on another Steinbeck...but I am VERY upset that I lost my 5 novella anthology in the move ='( *le sigh*
In other random news: Derrick uploaded "The Wild Trapeze" album onto my iPod with my (birthday!) iTunes gift card...and I'm SO excited to listen to it! This is Brandon Boyd's (lead singer of Incubus) solo album and from the 1 song I've already heard...a.m.a.z.i.n.g! I can't wait to get new head phones/ear buds (I broke my last $1 pair, lol) and jam! It should be pretty incredible-for real. If you didn't know-Incubus is my favorite band of ALL TIME...seriously...of all time. I am very excited to work out and sing off key to it!
Derrick is making boxed lasagna tonight-we could have made the home made kind...but we're lazy this week and didn't worry about it. On Saturday I'm making tacos with the "fixin's" and we also got some great chicken breasts to make with veggies a few times before next paycheck. Well done Raleys on some well rounded meals and some variety! If I come up with something new and nifty as a dish, I'll let you know the recipe.
Oh-random-but I hope to try to start collecting our dinnerware China soon. We got some glassware and flatware but none of the actual dinnerware. So...for Christmas I'm asking for pieces and I plan on starting our collection within the next few paychecks-1 piece at a time. If we can have at least 2 full sets of dinnerware come our wedding anniversary-that'd be AWESOME. That's my goal and I'm hoping to reach it!
Okay: I know, I know...pretty pointless blog. But I was just catching up and writing helps sooth me when I'm ubber tired and just feeling blah. A new one soon-scouts honor.
Give hugs and kisses to the first person you see,
J









No comments:
Post a Comment