Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Wedding for the Raleys

So I've realized, by accident of course, that I've had the same dream just with different details about getting married TO DERRICK again.  Now at first I was a bit worried because I was like, "does this mean I didn't enjoy the first one?!" and proceeded to review pictures and my wedding book again to evoke memories and the like...then it hit me-I'm such a dolt.

I've had so many dreams and thoughts about our wedding because I want to do it again. I had SO MUCH FUN on our wedding day (even though there was a bit of drama involved) that I want to get married to Derrick again, lol!  I've had dream after dream with different scenarios, different locations, different guests and food (though I will admit: I'm not sure if my dress is different)...and the 1 constant that stays true is that I am marrying him-Derrick Michael Raley-and I love that constant.




*Wipes sweat from brow* Silly Goose.  


Der and I have already decided to re-new our vows every 5 years and also go to Disney (Land or World) at least every 5 years (though they don't have to occur at the same time).  I think that's appropriate.  It'll keep things a bit more fresh as we get older and busier, it'll give us a countdown towards some AWESOMENESS every 5 years and it will be just plain fun. No, we probably won't have a huge blow out party except for the big years (10, 25, 50, etc.) but we'll still have fun and love with it...and that's the whole point of having a ceremony of any kind-right?

I stumbled upon his vows he wrote to me the other day and it made me so joyful and teary.  His were sweet, funny, honest, and simple-the epitome of Derrick.  I feel a little selfish in that I don't really want to post them on this blog-NOT because I don't love you all to pieces-but because they were my words; does that make sense?  They make my heart flutter, girly as that may seem.  He wrote from his heart, from his intelligence (it was a rhyming poem) and from his earnest-meaning he would have said those things to me in front of 1037502 people or just me, him, and a judge.  I take pride in that.  Actually I take pride in him as a person-let alone my husband and my friend.  He's so silly-just check him and the groomsmen out below.



I like him. And I love him.

Which to say you like someone is COMPLETELY different than saying you love them.  You can love your  mother but not like her.  Or you can like a friend and not love them.  I am fortunate enough to like and love my Der.  I genuinely enjoy his company and companionship.  I like to hang out as well as have fabulous and romantic dates and moments.  I think we're a good pair (I know some of you were probably like "well I hope so seeing you married him!" lol). He makes me laugh and smile every day-and thankfully he tries to. He goes out of his way, putting a lot of his masculinity, seriousness, and time on the line just to hear me giggle-and hey, this girl has NO complaints with that.

I hadn't intended for this blog to get all mushy but it's nice to sit in retrospect of coming up on 2 months of marriage and still getting butterflies 2 months (and 2 1/2 years later) with my husband and friend.  It's a good feeling to wake up to, you know?

So now I don't fret anymore over wedding dreams and tears through vows-I realize that I can't wait for year 5 so we can do it all over again and I can continue these butterflies and smiles.

Share the love today-it's Saturday.

<3

P.S.*I've scattered a few wedding pics in this blog, but obviously there are more scattered throughout the top of my full blog and my profile...what can I say?! I like the pics.

2 comments:

  1. I got misty during BOTH of your vows. You guys are so awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.