Now, I've got To Do lists of To Do lists but hey-this girl likes being busy.
I am starting to:
1) Jog/Walk (hoping to eventually run...my knees and I don't get along well when I run so I'm taking it slow)
2) Lower my sugar intake (MUCH easier said than done...but still happening none the less with things like switching milk, no candies, switching pastas and the like to whole wheat, etc., etc.)
3) Stretching
4) Drinking even more water
5) NO sodas or juices (because even natural fruit juices still have a fair amount of sugar)
6) Much less eating out and/or fast food (I've been cooking a lot and am trying to make healthier decisions when buying ingredients and making portions for just 2 people)
*Now, with the above being said I am STILL (and always) on a budget so when we've got little money, Ramen Noodles and $1 burgers are going to have to suffice until next payday, lol. But when we can work with our budget, we're trying to look into healthier prospects.
I'm a bit proud if you want to know the truth. I do not want to be one of the brides who gains (on average!) 20 lbs in the first year of marriage! I'd rather reverse the effect and loose than gain...so I'm trying.
It's a slow and sometimes tedious process but I'm glad I'm doing it just the same.
If anyone has tips and/or advice PLEASE feel free to throw them my way! Ears are allllllll open for suggestions.
I am not tracking my actual weight or my inches. I am tracking my mood, overall feelings of rest, and watching how my clothes fit; this is the best way for me to gauge my progress without wanting to binge eat Ben and Jerry's and cry due to slow progress, lol.
I need new running shoes...and the ones I want are like $80...well, at least it's something healthy and beneficial to save for...and I think I just might!
*le sigh* Aren't they AWESOME!? It's supposed to be like running barefoot with these shoes...and I love it.
Love and kisses to the misses,
J








Oh, I track my weight the same way - my next "goal weight" means being able to get into the super cute pedal pusher pants I bought online only to find out the band creates terrible muffin-top in my mushy middle. Once I can attractively get into those, I'll buy the next size down, until the day comes when I look in the mirror and say... Dude, where did my fluffy tummy go?? ;-)
ReplyDeleteYes!! Sounds incredible and I'm the same way!
ReplyDeleteWE CAN DO IT TOGETHER ONE CELERY STICK AND HOG AT A TIME!!
=]