I've been wanting the Bizet Carmen on my iPod for a while (so I finally got it!) and I'm also fortunate enough to have been given the records *gasp!* from my DotDot-both of which rock.
I'll show you a few clips that have made me fall in love all over again with the opera-though both are a good 10 years old!
(Source: Hey Arnold! the cartoon via YouTube.com)
When I saw this as a child, though I had heard the themes and melodies before, I was absolutely sure this would be my favorite opera-and thus far it still is! How can you not love this fun cartoon adaptation for children?! You can't-so don't even try.
Then there's this hip-hopra made by MTV staring Beyonce when she was about 20 years old! Though the lyrics are kind of lame I can't help loving this adaptation as well-I mean come on: it's got Moss Def and Beyonce!
(Source: YouTube.com)
Now-if these two clips haven't aptly whet your appetite then you need to go ahead and quit listening to this awesomeness. If you pallete is longing for some more glam-go to this link to hear the sound bites from the CD I've purchased. I get chills up and down my spine everytime I hear the opener and if you ever thought French is sexy-the ante will up and you'll want to move to France, become a Gypsy, and go to bed with many glorious men (at least...I do, LOL!)
Tell me what you think and if you have any favorite operas you'd love to share!







No comments:
Post a Comment