Our hallway is now bare after pulling down the frames in hope of updating some of the pictures that hung there. Cute, but bare.
It's a nice soft green color on the wall-white front and closet doors.
But I need help-what should I do with it? I have a few ideas but I'd like input from you guys first! Should we get an entrance rug? A table and topiary? Re-hang the pictures? Nothing? I just don't know but it's so borrrrrring at the moment and I'd like to start on it this Spring Break.
Any thoughts? Any different ideas?
HELP!







I would do a picture wall.. like..
ReplyDeletehttp://yourdecoratinghotline.com/wall-gallery-displays/
I know that Kmart has a box set with different sizes all matching frames onsale with for $22.. it even gives you ways on the back of the box to set it up..
I personally like different shaped ones all together.. and it is very pretty when you do silver ones. You can go to goodwill or garages sales or where ever and get cheep ones and spray paint them all different colors .. I have seen that done on trading spaces and it looks really good!
A shelf kind of high would be nice too. depending on the width of the hall way you wouldnt want to run into the corner of it so you would want to make sure you put it up high or low depending. then you could add cute accessories to it.
Def. a mirror. That will add width to your hall way. you could do the mirror in the middle of all the picture frames. A large silver mirror with silver frames of different shapes on each side.. (oh I love it!! I am jealous I dont have a hall way to do this in)
if you go here http://www.roomu.net/category/home-decoration/interior-decoration.html?page=252
scroll down to the last picture and you will see a pretty piece of skinny furniture.. they have a flower on it.. something like that would look good too..
ok I think I need to stop. I love decorating but I am now running late for work.. good luck cant wait to see the end results!!
oh.. p.s. yes to the rug.. I would do a rug outside the front door and then i would do a long rug runner in the hall way. I like the narrowness of the hall way but if you want to widen it then use two shorter runners and have a gap of floor inbetween them.
HAVE FUN!