Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Madness? Maybe....

I don't think I got quite as much done in March as I'd like to have thought BUT what I did was intense and awesome so...let's recap!

*Fun
1) Celebrate 3 years of togetherness with Der! (DONE! Check out the details of our relationship)
2) Go on Spring Break (DONE-YAY! Remember my Gatlinburg blog??)
3) Find a fun and meaningful gift for Shelley's 23rd birthday and then mail it (DONE! I got her the books Sybill and The Tales of Beetle the Bard-both of which she'll love! It's fun because not intentionally, Shelley and I have been getting one another books for holidays (Christmas, birthdays, graduations) since we were like 18-AND I LOVE IT!)
4) Blog about Spring Break (DONE-Duh-see above)
5) Catch up on photo-a-day project-via postings on Facebook and actually taking them (FAIL-I haven't caught up BUT I plan on doing so in April)
6) Blog more (DONE!)
7) Finish The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes via the Kindle (DONE-and very well worth it.  The Kindle was especially awesome for this read since some of it is in old English and I didn't know a bit of the vocabulary.  I'd suggest this read!)
8) Finish A Woman Doing Life: Notes from a Prison for Women by Erin George (DONE-Again, an awesome read (weird to say seeing as it's a type of narrative/biography) but very glad to have read it)
** ADDITION-start reading Eat. Pray. Love.
**ADDITION-have breakfast with Kelly and Tonya-SO SO SO good to catch up with them both!
**ADDITION-purchase Mindy's baby shower gift and hang out with Elisa (yay!)
*School
1) Complete Portfolio for Methods (DONE-and I made an A! YAY!)
2) Complete Stats Homework #3 AND Midterm and do well on them both! (DONE-I made an A on the homework and a low B on the Midterm (which is a BIG deal considering my breakdown about it)
3) Lead class discussion on Feminist Theory as GA (ubber excited) (DONE-but it wasn't really a discussion as much as it was the class in groups and us later discussing those topics.)
4) Start research project and interviews (DONE! Hopefully I'll have my last interview completed today and then it's on to transcription! I went to the library and got like 10 books for my research that I need ot pilfer through this weekend-which sounds lame but I'm excited about it!)
5) Keep up with Sundays as homework days (DONE)
6) Delve into GA research and literature review(s) (DONE-see above)

*Health
1) Get back on workout wagon-via Zumba with Kristy, running/swimming with John/Derrick-at least 3 times per week (FAIL-no real excuses minus my leg/knee problems...which isn't excuse enough)
2) Decrease coffee/caffine intake to 3 times a week STARTING March 6th
3) Decrease fast food consumption (February was bad for this!) (FAILISH? I decreased it a bit at the start but then it came back towards the end when school/work got me slammed...for April I plan on doing something about that!)
4) Do more stretches in PM (a good relaxer after a long day) (FAIL-again I just forgot! I really want to start doing this!)


Alright-so the grand tally is:


DONE=13                FAIL=5                  ADDITIONS=2


Not too shabby eh?  Got more done than I thought I did, that's for sure.  March was definitely a roller coaster of everything for me-emotions, work load, time management, etc. and I'm SO glad today is the last day, LOL!


Cheers to April and it's craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.