Friday, June 4, 2010

Home is where you make it: part I

Well-we are OFFICIALLY in the new place!  I'd say about 1/2 of it is done-and by done I mean: things put in their rightful place.  We will both be working like mad this weekend because I set a goal (little, but a goodie) to have THE ENTIRE PLACE finished (decor put where it needs to be, pictures hung, towels folded, etc.) by Sunday evening.  Not an easy feat but by no means a hard one.  It will just be time consuming!  I'll be meeting Ramona tomorrow to borrow her power drill so we can put the bed together and hang some stuff.

I LOVE IT.  Our place officially feels like home and we're not even finished with it yet!  It's a nice, settling feeling to unlock the door to your home and smile every time you walk in, ya know?  Even precious Tucker loves it-though I think no matter where we moved, he'd be happy as a clam as long as Der and I were both there, lol.

Pictures will be coming, I assure you, once everything is set up and we're rockin' and rollin'.  With the furniture all being where it "needs" to be, we've just got a few screws to tighten here, a few pictures to hang there, and then the knick-knacks of 2 peoples lives that need to be put up or cleverly hidden in storage.

3 weeks of married life and we've got a new home for the Raley's.  And that, my friends, equals success and happiness if I could ever describe it.

On another note: I'll admit, I've slacked off a bit on my dictionary.com word of the day and my wikipedia BUT not as much as you may think!  I really am learning a lot just with this simple daily goal.  Granted, I need to "get back on my game" and DO IT every day but like 4 days a week ain't bad for this college grad  =]
I am also looking into books for the GRE-study guides, placement tips, etc., etc. because I am starting to get super pumped about it (even though I hate standardized tests).  I can't wait to go back to school-and for Sociological Grad work!? Um, YES PLEASE!  And it may seem absurd, but I've got my little heart set on UC Berkeley...like so bad. Not only is is the #1 school for Sociological Graduate School, it also has the fields I'm most interested to offer (family, sex, gender)!  *le sigh* A dream come true, I may add.  I have looked at a few others, but not many...yet.  I hope to apply to around 10 (depending on the funds for applications) and hope I can get accepted into at least 2 (with Berkeley being first choice of course).  Well kids, here's to dreamers and lovers and life!  Wish me luck on the next few months as I work on this goal.  I'd like to be accepted for next fall-if possible. We shall see but I'm ubber pumped regardless.

I love your faces and hope to see more of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.