Sunday, June 27, 2010

You've done it again, Dan Brown!

Alright, let's get a little real: I love me some Dan Brown.  For those who haven't heard the name, he is the author of: The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Lost Symbol, and Digital Fortress.  Not just because I'm a fan, but I really think everyone should read at least 1 of his books-they're very thought provoking and intense.  It really makes you think because it's a thriller about conspiracy theories that you may or may not have heard of, art and architecture that is very popular throughout the world, and it leaves you with questions and curiosity about man kind and society.

If you plan on reading one, I'd suggest The Da Vinci Code first.  It's a great "grabber" and deals with art and conspiracy-both of which I adore (art more than the later) and takes place in the glorious city Paris, France. AND since I've been there and absolutely love the city-it made the most sense.  But even still-it gets you used to the pace and characters of the others.


I DO NOT suggest seeing this film-poorly done and completely thrown story from the book.  The film Angels and Demons was a lot better and much closer to the book.


Anyway, I think it's safe for me to say that The Lost Symbol was my favorite.  I finished reading it in approximately 3 days and it's a 509 pager. INTENSE. I'd definitely suggest it to any who enjoy Dan Brown and especially the character Robert Langdon.

 I love a good book that you can't stop thinking about and want to spend all day reading-which is exactly what I did yesterday and a good bit of this morning.  It reminds me of my Harry Potter obsession-and I'm totally okay with that.

I've been reading a lot lately and I notice-weirdly-that I am always in a much lighter mood when I've got a book to read at the end of the day.  Not saying my life is dull or dreary, but it's nice to come home to a husband, pup, dinner and relax with a good book when a date isn't happening, ya know??  I finished The Catcher in the Rye a few days ago and I'll say it...not too impressed.  Trust me, I get the story and the character but...I was just left wanting more climax and more story telling and more...substance.  Criticize me if you will but those are my thoughts on it.  I won't put it in my top 20, that's for sure.

Just thought I'd spread my little book knowledge and favs to those who may be interested.

I will next be starting "Treasure Island" come tomorrow.

For the rest of my evening I will clean, cook dinner, and soak up what Dan Brown has left for me after The Lost Symbol.  To those interested, read it.

Ta-ta for now, loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.