Friday, June 11, 2010

Another week another dollar? No, that's not right...

It's been a week already since my last blog? For shame.  I am a bit surprised it's been that long, really.  Maybe because it seems like this week has GONE ON FOREVER!  Seriously-for.ev.er. (say in "Sandlot" tone).

Not too much has been going on besides the fact that this week has been utter madness at the workplace.  My boss has just been promoted to Executive Director of our office so she's been in training all week for that-which means I've been in the office like 91% of this week alone...which isn't too bad but really quiet and busy!  I am proud of her though.  It seems kind of silly but my boss isn't just my boss, but my friend.  And luckily, there is a line in between when we know where our relationship as colleagues can and cannot cross.  I like that.


I also like the fact that I will be in Dickson next week for training and then the following week a person from Clarksville is being trained by me all week!  I won't lie: I feel a little important in that  =]  I like training people but I'm not good at it, haha!  Okay-that's a fib too.  I am fairly good but I get all goofy about it because I don't know how to present the information, I just kind of...give it, lol.  Well we'll see how it goes.  I should also, within the month, be training another employee in our office so maybe the cumbersome work load won't be so bad split between 2. We shall see, my friends.


In other news:  Our house is coming along so well! There's some random crap in the middle of the floor that I'm not sure of where to put so...it just sits.  I'll figure something out, I'm sure of it.  I've been feeling a bit off lately and that's upsetting.  I think it's my underlying depression but I have nothing to be depressed about nor do I actually feel it.  But there it is-the beast in the background.  Today was a little better though, with Wednesday being the worst of the week.


Oh! And last night Derrick and I celebrated being married for 1 full month!!  I've received my social security card in the mail so now it's LEGAL-ER(?) lol.  I mean the license was legal but now I can be tracked by my new last name and number!  Well bring it on big brother!  There's no turning back now  ;]  It was a quiet but nice night.  Derrick made lasagna and we watched "UP" on the Netflix cue-OH DEAR JESUS-it was amazing to say the least.  I had never really had a "hankering" for watching it but Der convinced me last night and I told him: "If I cry during this, because I am NOT in the mood to cry, I will punch you in the throat, lol".  Well if you've seen the movie then you know I wept like a 5 year old being refused late night ice cream-through the WHOLE MOVIE.  I think why it got to me so much was because I can see me and Derrick growing old like Ellie and Carl and it made me so happy/sad to actually see it kind of play out before me.  




See here we've got: Young Carl and Ellie (upon meeting)-top, Newlyweds Carl & Ellie cloud gazing-middle, and a bit older (though not much) Carl & Ellie working on their first home-bottom. *le sigh* Precious.


Very sweet-a nice night.  When then cuddled.  No lovey-dovey business or raunchy stuff-just cuddled and fell asleep as 2 spoons in the drawer.  And it was perfect.  I woke up today feeling a lot better and much more refreshed-maybe I just needed some more TLC or a good cry to make this old train feel better...Hmmmmmm...


Well fat cats, I'm going to go do some chores and bathe before Tonya comes over to hang out.  I'm loving this girl-I swear!


Needed hugs are a-comin' your way.

XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.