your viewing.
I think we've lived here for almost 2 weeks! It's all coming along quite well I must say-granted I think it's wonderful but I live here so...duh! We talked about every paycheck getting a little something to make it more homey than it already is. This coming paycheck=lamp shade, lamp stand (both for bedroom) and basket for Tucker's toys. Anyway...
First, let's start with the bathroom. It is almost complete-we need a small wastebasket and a few pictures to hang and then that's that! The wall color is a kind of off white/muted yellow and it works very well for both the bathroom and the decor. We are doing decor of light blue to match the curtain (which you can't really see here) but we've got beautiful monogrammed towels in the perfect shade that match and look stunning in here! Thanks SO SO MUCH to Connie and Gary Blackwood! I promise, your "Thank You" card should arrive soon! It's a small bathroom but for 2 people and a pup, it doesn't really need to be much bigger. It has thus far worked for us so no complaints!
Next, here we have the "Man Cave" as it has been dubbed. Yes, it is messy but I will surprisingly take the blame for a bit because I've been throwing stuff in here to help tidy the living room. Still: note the organization of the games and knick-knacks MAN has in said room. It is quite nice and a great place for man escape and tomfoolery while I read or sleep-so not to disturb the Queen =] All it needs is a big dude chair or couch for loungin' and then it's done!
This is our dining room! Alright, I'll say it: I LOVE THIS ROOM! I think it's precious and very comfortable. The only things missing here is art for the blank wall and a centerpiece for the table (but since the centerpieces change with the season, we're not too worried). I've found the art (I think!?) I want to put on the blank wall and centerpieces are going to change frequently...so right now we've got the napkin holder (from the wedding shower!) in the center and it does just fine, even without napkins, lol. I love our circle mirrors. LOVE! They need a bit of windexing with the move and smudgy fingers all over them but still-they look PRECIOUS! This room compliments both the living room and kitchen well, we both think.
I am very thankful that Derrick has kind of let me take the reigns in all of the decoration of the Raley household. He definitely gets his say (he wanted blue for the bedroom where I wanted yellow) but we've been able to reach compromises very well and it's all turning out wonderfully! So he got the blue walls but I get the decor and accessories to tag along =D Works good for me!
Okay-so the next few pictures I'll be showing back-to-back so you can get the whole "feel" of it all without my ramblings in between.
May I present: The Kitchen


The kitchen matches the living room in colors of red and tan. Notice the tea kettle and canisters in red above?! I LOVE them. It is a small kitchen with not a lot of counter space...which has its pros and cons, but thus far, in our 2 weeks, it has worked fabulously and done everything a kitchen "needs" to do. We're still needing some random utensils and small art of some kind (probably home made by yours truly) to hang above the dog bowls but then it is complete! Comes with dishwasher, WHITE STOVE AND STOVE TOP (nice when trying to coordinate decor), fridge/freezer, 2 tub sink, and lots of cabinets! It's nice. And I plan on cooking and being cooked for a lot from it!
That is it thus far. The living room and bed room are very messy right now or I'd show you those places too...next time darling, next time. There are still little things we'd like to get to make it "complete" but if we never get another thing, I still feel like I'm home...and it's like a deep breath of fresh mountain air.
More updates soon, I cross my heart.
Love comes in many forms,
JeR











No comments:
Post a Comment