Sunday, June 6, 2010

*Wags finger* Shame on Me!

I was reviewing some old blogs of mine-and I am ashamed that I did not even mention the birth of beautiful baby Dylan!  I mention in January that he was going to be born...but he was/is and I feel horrible!  So, to make up for my appalling behavior (unintentional, of course) towards my nephew-by-non-blood #2, I am posting some pics to make me feel better, lol. (see below)


<---- This was the day he was born *insert teary sigh here*  I was there-I mean there.  I watched him being born!  I was there when she found out, through the whole pregnancy, and at his actual delivery!  It was mind blowing-to say the very least-but incredible.  May I introduce you to Charles Dylan Blackwood?!  The boy has the biggest blues you'll ever lay eyes on (with MAYBE Lauren Street as an exception)  Note the happy parents (Kelly & Wes).  I was boo-hooing in the background.  I am one proud aunt (again!)  He was born February 15th, 2010 around 10:30 in the am; I think 7 lbs and 6 oz? A little fuzzy on that detail (see why next) but I think something like that...Kelly went in to labor around 2 am so we drove in the ICE STORM to get there!  Naturally, he didn't come right along then (and Der and I both had about 2 hours of sleep) but when he came MAN did he!  She didn't even have to push-he was so determined to get into this world, haha!  When was all said and done though, I wouldn't have traded that experience for $1,000,001. WORTH EVERY SECOND.


Now this picture is precious baby on May 12th, 2010-the day before our wedding!  Notice -----> those big beautiful eyes?!  He was great, the entire time! Almost 3 months old and he's doing so well-holds his head up, laughs, feeds regularly (probably more than normal, haha!)  And his older brother, Andrew, seems proud.  (see pic below of the first kiss from big brother to little brother-it'll melt your heart).  It's nice to know that I've been involved in BOTH boys lives since pretty much conception (now granted, I wasn't in the ROOM when they were being conceived, but pretty much from there on out I was, lol) and it's been an amazing journey for me to go on with one of my BEST FRIENDS.  I am so proud of her, as a mother, friend, and wife.  She always has a lot on her plate but handles it well with grace and laughter.


<----- Andrew kissing Dylan-SO CUTE!  He seemed a little curious once Dylan was there and he noticed that Kelly's belly wasn't "big" again-but he connected the dots quickly and promptly gave brother a kiss and smiled.  Man oh man, I almost lost my self all over again just seeing that.  I literally wept for like an hour after Dylan was born-it was just so sweet and magical-placenta and all!  


To be a little fair-I'll go on a mini trip about Andrew because well...that's just fair and I love that boy just the same <3


Andrew Ryan Blackwood-born January 9, 2009 around 2:10 pm-I think 7lbs and 4 oz? Again, fuzzy details but somewhere close to that.  And he came out with a head of red hair!  We were all so surprised yet tickled pink because we hadn't even considered red when guessing what he'd look like-yet there he was!  I was in Chattanooga when I got the call she was in labor-and I BOOKED IT to Nashville in 1 hour and 1/2!  I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over but I was so excited for this moment that I didn't care and couldn't miss it! I met Tonya, Jennifer, Chris, Jordan D., and Vance at the hospital and we played the waiting game for a few hours.  When he came it was SUCH an emotional day for everyone because it was a hard and a bit of a dramatic pregnancy when they first found out.  Outside of my wedding day, I think this is the proudest I've ever felt-this beats college and high school graduation hands down. I am so honored to be a part of both of these boys lives.


<--- This picture is probably over a year old-Andrew is now 2 and 1/2 but still-a little updated picture from birth.  The boys look completely opposite from one another (Andrew looks like Wes, Dylan looks like Kelly) but they're both beautiful and full of life and spunk.

I am one proud Aunt JoJo.  And I miss them every day.  I know that my friends are taking the best care of them so luckily, I don't have to worry about them-I am comforted by this.






Now, when the next one comes along-hopefully she'll be a little girl and I'll be posting pics of little Lillian Belle Blackwood (or hell, maybe my sister will be having one?!)


Love and kisses, like always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.