Saturday, June 12, 2010

**WARNING: This shall be a blog about useless and many a random thing-know that now.

Random point #1: I can't help but feeling still a little a lot sad about that fact that a pair of our friends did not come to our wedding-only to find out 1 month later that they were ready and willing to go to another and that they used the excuse of "gas money woes" as the reason not to attend ours.  Not saying any names, but it still hurts my feelings to think about...and I'd just rather not.  But upon reading facebook status' of "So and So's wedding was so gorgeous! It's so nice to see friends getting married"-yes, that stings.  And I don't appreciate it.  Nor do I appreciate the fact that they both have chosen to let our friendship with them fall by the waist side.  I'm just pouting really.  I am an emotional bird so naturally almost everything effects me in some way, lol, but still-I think my reasoning has merit.

Random point #2:  I am loving our new life.  I am working on a painting for our bedroom and it seems to be coming out nicely!  I am letting the paint dry for probably another hour and then repainting and touching it up before mounting it above the bed to "Ooooh!" and "Aaaaah!" at.  When going to the store last night with my fav. pal Tonya, we looked at new housewares that I honestly CAN'T WAIT to utilized in the new Raley home.  Baskets and frames and lampshades-oh my!  Once everything is bought/finished and in its proper place (which will probably be a few months, to tell the truth) pictures will be posted so I can gloat a bit.  Not only that but my husband and I are faring quiet well and carrying on like normal but with the tag "Mr. and Mrs." firmly and gratefully attached.

Random point #3: I never think about how much I L.O.V.E. my friends and the friendship we carry (NOW: let me point out that I mean I don't usually consciously think about it-I don't need it since it's in my subconscious and always there) until a night like last night occurs and I wake up hung over, tired, and my stomach still aching from laughing.  I woke up at like 11:30-which is LATE for someone who usually wakes up around 7:30 even on the weekends! Last night was a good one-to say the very least.  Not even too much went on but sitting around a table drinking well made margaritas, eating ice cream and chips with dip, and laughing and talking was my idea of a great night with great people.  I have bouts of depression flair up every now and again, usually accompanied or swiftly followed by anxiety, and I think this past week was a flair up.  Luckily, getting my ass in gear (i.e. doing stuff-not being a lazy lump on a log) and hanging out with friends quickly pulled me out and made me feel normal again.  So to you, my friends (Tonya and Mark specific), my hat is off to you.

Random point #4: I think the husband and I are going to watch "The Time Traveler's Wife" tonight-not a movie of his choosing but mine!  On our Netflix cue I have alternated movies he'd like, I'd like, and stuff we'd both like so every few days we get a new surprise in the mail of something we get to watch and *hopefully* enjoy with one another.  Thus far this experiment has proved well. We shall see tonight.  But this random point was to chit chat a bit about compromise and the thoughts of someone else. Thankfully, I was brought up to think for others so this wasn't too hard of a feat for me to face and conquer once married-though I'll admit I've got my little pouty 5 year old in me and thriving-but for Derrick I don't think he was ever used to it; even still he's doing well and makes me feel quite proud and happy to be his wife-even if that means he has to suck it up and muster through "The Time Traveler's Wife" tonight  =D

Random point #5: We will be working on our "Thank You" cards today and tomorrow-I'm excited! There's not too many to send out but I'm going to also print some photos out next week and send some of them along with the cards for good measure and spunk.  We really do appreciate everything we received in regards to our wedding stuff so at least they will be sincere.


Alright lotus blossoms, enjoy this weekend, rain or shine!


Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.


JeR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.