Alright ladies and gents: here's the big reveal! Check out my great purchases and help me come up with further outfit ideas!
Now remember-I was hoping to get: 1 pair of good fitting jeans, 1 top that works for school/work/casual hanging out. and 1 pair of shoes I can walk in that also look cute for approximately $100.
How do you think I did?
First-this morning I purchased the hat below from Target.com.
I am absolutely in love with hats and I really think this is a good one! Online price $9.98 (on sale) before taxes and shipping. After: $16.43. About the same price as it would be in store before the sale but my local store didn't have it and I adore it.
Second is a great black ANA "cocoon" sweater/cardigan from JCPenney. On sale for $19.99 marked down from $50.00!. I own absolutely no black cardigans of any kind so I think this is a great investment for the fall/winter months.
Third-I found a great pair of jeans also from JCPenney! The funny thing is: just yesterday when I was going through clothes that didn't fit, I got rid of a gray denim pair just like this. I was really bummed about it because I loved them but was like "Well, if I can't wear them at least someone else can." And lo-and-behold! I got some great gray skinny jeans from ANA for $24.99 marked down from $48.00! A great steal and they look and feel great!
(They look like shorts here but I folded them so they'd fit in the picture.)
Fourth-I got this wonderful pair of gray/brown moccasins from JCPenney. Also on sale: $19.99 marked down from $39.99. I fell in love with these the moment I laid eyes on them and they feel great! They were the last pair (in the store, not just my size!) so I nabbed them up before someone else could take them. Definitely an awesome steal.
Grand total at JCPenney (after taxes): $71.30
Before we went to JCPenneys Derrick and I went to Ross to look for shirts. I think Ross is a great place to get inexpensive tops for work (business casual/business) but you've really got to dig around for them. Half the time I come out with nothing other times (like today!) I hit a jackpot. I don't know what these pieces original prices were (since it's Ross and they're kind of like an overstock place) so I'll just list the purchased price.
This great cobalt/navy shirt has an adorable neckline (sorry you can't really see it here). Only $7.99 and fits really well! Also I thought the color works with any season and is pretty simple so can count as a basic if need be.
Next I found this great gray top-it fits a tad loose but because of the lines and the scrunched sides (which you can't see in the picture) it looks great and now will match my gray denim AND gray shoes! I didn't plan on finding a gray outfit but it works great for basics and especially the winter months! Purchased for: $9.99
And last and probably my favorite piece is this great patterned navy and cream top. It fits like a luxurious glove and looks so great with my (newly) colored hair! I also have a thing for navy and copper so that may lend itself to my love for this shirt. Purchased price: $9.99.
Grand total at Ross (after taxes): $30.70
And the grand total for my shopping spree is: $16.43+$71.30+$30.70=$118.43. Not bad at ALL considering I came away with 3 tops, 1 cardigan, 1 pair of jeans, 1 great hat and 1 pair of shoes. BOTH goals accomplished!!
YAY ME! Now I've got to find other things in my closet (and maybe do some more shopping with my next paycheck) to work with these items.
So I am asking you blog friends: got any fashion advice on how I should work these items into my everyday? Or what I should purchase next to help complete these looks? I am asking for YOUR help! Remember: my fashion sense is very broad so crossing any "fashion lines" is totally acceptable and I am willing to try almost anything at least once!
Help me come up with ideas and once I get the outfit together I'll blog about it naming YOU as my inspiration!
Sound fun?
I am really looking forward to this and hope I'll get some participation! Now get to thinking-I've got to dress for work tomorrow, lol!
XOXO,
J








Cute buys, Sees! I like the navy and cream last top with a black cardigan look! I'm thinking big chunky silver earrings/hoops with them!
ReplyDelete