Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013-Another year to enjoy!

Another year means another chance at change, excitement, and adventure!  It's the start of something very different for me so I am anxious (in a good way) to get it started!

So what do we have planned for 2013?  Check it out!

-Make our lifestyle greener: After an adventure in making both my own face wash and laundry detergent along with reading a few blogs about making greener and healthier food changes I really think we can do it. By making our diets cleaner, our cleaning products both eco friendly and chemical free, and just making good decisions regarding our everyday living I think both D and I can do it!

-Bust my ass at my new job: I've got a new job which is to be incredibly fast paced and high stress.  I hope to not only manage but work through any issues I have and come out a champion by years end!

-(Attempt to) travel: Because of said new job, I'm not sure how/when I'll be able to do any traveling besides small weekend excursions.  If, after 6 months, things are going well and I can request time (and we have the funds), D and I will find somewhere to go and enjoy a new slice of the world.  IF we get to, here are a few places I'd like to visit if possible: New Haven, CT (to visit Shelley which in turn could lead to a quick visit to NYC), Gatlinburg, TN, Chicago, IL, and/or Redlands, CA.  I still want to see the Biltmore Mansion and Graceland but those may be a lot more "doable" since they can be quick weekend getaways.

-Purchase at least 1 work appropriate piece per paycheck starting with my first check in February (this includes accessories).  I was so fortunate to be given some funds for graduation and they REALLY helped me start gathering more work appropriate (and professional) pieces.

-(Really) learn French: Although I had more time without a job, I didn't find the proper motivation to go further than part 1 of my French Rosetta Stone.  So 2013, I will!

-Attempt at least 2 vegetarian or vegan days per week.  After attempting a meatless month I'd really like to progress into that.  I think January will be tough since I've got to wait until the very end of the month for my first check but after that...bring it ON!

-WRITE MORE! I find such solace and relaxation in writing and I want to do a LOT more of it this year.  Whether it's poetry, fiction, journaling, or research I just want to delve in and really do it.

-Save more money: With this new job I plan on putting more in my savings account than I had previously.  If I keep it up and don't mess with it I can really rack up some funds for a big purchase later in life!  With this also comes the start of paying off student loans.  While it's intimidating to me, I know we can manage it and really start chipping away at it, slowly and steadily.

-Make a list of stuff I want for the home: If we decide to stay in our apartment for the next few years (which we may do), I want to add new things to it.  Since it has been quiet some time since I updated about our home, I figured I might as well get the other stuff I want to really show you what it's become over the past few years =]

-Craft more:  My goal is to make at least one craft a month.  This does not include making the greener stuff (unless I come up with something truly unique).  I'm excited!

This is all I can think of right now and WOW-what a list!  I hope to blog about my do-it-yourself stuff and update you all on the progress to these goals throughout the year.

Cheers and HAPPY 2013!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.