Friday, June 29, 2012

June down, July and August to go

June has been a wiley month, for sure but I still got a lot accomplished.  Not as much as I had planned but still-it's been a good month!

*Bigger Things*

-Input and analyze my thesis data. I technically haven't analyzed it but it has all been input into the software needed and I have created my tables. Success!

-Start and complete levels 1 and 2 of the French Rosetta Stone. No way. I have started it and have worked quite diligently on it but I don't think I gave it enough credit on how in-depth and long it takes. I am just now almost done with level 1. I am very glad it's so in-depth but it will probably take my until school starts again to get through levels 1 & 2 (with 3 more levels to go)! But I am learning so much already (and I took 3 years in high school and scored high in the national test I had to take) and I'd suggest Rosetta Stone to EVERYONE! An investment for sure (it's costly) but worth every cent. I feel like I already know more than I learned in 3 years of French and I am having reading, listening, writing, and speaking blended simultaneously, which is helping greatly.

-Start volunteer work at the Domestic Violence Center of Rutherford County. This didn't happen...I was offered my 40 hours back at work and unfortunately the volunteer work I'd be capable of doing is only from 8:30-4 M-F. It bums me out a bit but I'm still trying to donate supplies when I can and I read up on their news. Maybe after I graduate I can? I really hope so.

*Smaller Things*
-Start class officially and start my readings/homework

-I read 4 books which were all great! “The Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini, “The Bell Jar” by Sylvia Plath, “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen and “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” by Ransom Riggs.

-Enjoy (as always) date nights and time at home with my family

-Work, work, work

-Hang out with new friends

-Cook a lot more (blogs to come later)

-Relax

-Do more RoK’s (random acts of kindness)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.