Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A slice of good and a slice of bad

Okay the bad.

I did not have a great day...in fact I've had a rather not-so-great week thus far...and instead of going to key the rest of my thesis data in (like I should) this evening I plan on drinking a margarita, finishing my book, and taking a bath.  A long, hot bath.  I need to relax, to shift perspectives, to look at the good.  I have such an amazing life that sometimes my first world problems piss me off so much that I then start smiling, realizing just how wonderful my problems truly are!

It's a great problem to have to know that you don't have the money to get crappy fast food because your kitchen is stocked full of more nutritious and serving appropriate.  It's nice to know that I have a job to go to where I am good at what I do and usually get along with the staff, regardless of how much sometimes it frustrates me.  It's good to know that I have concerns about my future because I've been working SO HARD for it, especially regarding my Masters.  I've got a lot of good.  Which always makes up for a bad day.

And on that note...

I have started writing again!  It's slowly coming back but coming just the same and that makes me H-A-P-P-Y!  Hopefully something will actually come from it but we'll see.  This is so good.

So I'll take my slice of both bad and good and let them lie today. I'd rather have the rest of the evening be thoughtless and neutral.

Tomorrow is a new day, with fresh breath, bright lights, and new thoughts.  There's nothing better than knowing that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.