I find that I count my wedding rings as must haves not only because of the romantic/intimate significance but also because they make my otherwise stumpy hobbit hands looks half-way decent. I also prefer to wear earrings (outside of when I shower or sleep). Sometimes I forget but when I remember-they are a must have. I think it's because any outfit, regardless of the image you're trying to portray looks a bit more subtle (think pearl or diamond studs) or glammed out (chandelier or feathers) with a pair of earrings-I think they complete an outfit.
My husband for the longest time wore high-top Chucks for his must have. I literally don't ever remember him wearing any other type of shoe (unless he was in character) for like the first 2 years we were together, ha ha! I don't know the full reason but I think it had part to do with the fact that he was into basketball in high school and in part due to the "renegade" look they portray (he thinking he was a rebal for a while).
I know a few people who count their undergarments as a must have-not just wearing them (ha ha!) but the specific kind/brands they wear! A bit personal but still a must have for some!
So my question to you dear readers is this:
What are your style must haves?
Must you always have closed toed shoes? Must you always wear a hair accessory? Must you always use a certain eyeshadow regardless of the outfit? Or are there certain must haves in your closet such as: must have a LBD (little black dress), must have a trench coat, must have only Victoria Secret undergarments?
I am curious. I want to know what YOUR must haves are for either your own personal style or what YOU think everyone should have in their style. And when you list, think about why these things are must haves for you. Do you always wear a certain charm bracelet because it's a gift from your grandmother? Do you always wear eyeliner because you think it makes your eyes look smaller?
I want to know!







This is easy for me!
ReplyDeleteMy must haves are: eye liner.. no matter when where what or why. I can go without anyother makeup execpet eye liner! (saphora)
My bras.. I love them.. Victoria Secret always and only.. My drawer is stacked the same way they do theres in the store.. the bright colors down to the nude colors. I think I have 7 of them. (mainly all the same style)
Earrings are a must for me also. I feel like a boy without them. I love them. ALL KINDS but mainly white ones..
All I need in life are my bras, eyeliner, and earrings.. Other than that I could be naked 24/7 .. its funny how I feel naked without my must haves but feel fine without clothes.. ha
Good post by the way!
p.s. thank you for following Mady's photo blog. I have not given it to anyone other than the people that read my blog so you are one of the first to see it. I am going to post it on facebook soon.. What do you think about her pictures?!
I agree with you and Traci both about earrings - I feel so bizarre if I don't have them on! I had this great necklace on at Christmas, but COMPLETELY forgot to put earrings in! I felt off all day... :)
ReplyDeleteMy wedding rings and right hand ring are everyday must haves. And I never thought I would say this, but I'm obsessed with my skinny jeans! I wear them with boots, with flats - I'm just crazy about them. They are definitely a style staple for me. :)