Friday, September 2, 2011

September Goals

I'm a day late, I know! But let's see: as school is going to pretty much dominate my next 4 months, September will be a "light" load.

*School/Research
-Officially select thesis topic (!!!!) and thesis committee
-Continue research with Aday
-Make all A's on any projects/readings/papers/homework due
-Meet with Jaime to start potential research

*Books
-Finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larrson
-Start and finish Sex in the South: Unbuckling the Bible Belt by Suzi Parker

*Work
-Volunteer in the Alzheimer's Walk
-Make baked goods for the Alzheimer's Bake Sale

*Home
-Get a new couch (finally!!)
-Finish hanging pictures in living room
-Upload updated photos to the blog

*Family
-Visit my Aunt Lynn & Uncle Clyde at some point (both of who are aren't doing well in their health and I am worried about them...more on that in a later blog)
-Send sister her birthday present. She's 29!

*Fun
-Sign up for the Nashville Slut Walk
-Start to organize a donation drive for battered women/domestic abuse victims here in my county (Now I don't know if I will do this via the Violence in the Family Course, through work or just having plain ol' faith in people but it's something I'd really start to work on in September! Again, more on that in a later blog).
-Start the coaster crafts (found on my pinterest page)

It looks like a lot but school is going to be the most time consuming effort. The rest should be fairly easy!  How do you think I'll do?

Any bets?

1 comment:

  1. I think you will do just fine :) I need new couch too, maybe I will buy it this month also :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.