Alright-September has been CRAZY busy with school and stress but I think I accomplished a bit more than I thought I would-let's see!
*School/Research
-Officially select thesis topic (!!!!) and thesis committee. COMPLETE! Though I'm not ready to fully reveal details until I get approved ;]
-Continue research with Aday. COMPLETE-still working on it though not with as much vigor since we're starting my thesis stuff. We're also starting a new project to test out my thesis design before I do my proposal.
-Make all A's on any projects/readings/papers/homework due.
FAIL-I made one B...*grumble grumble*
-Meet with Jaime to start potential research.
FAIL-we probably won't be able to jump start this until next semester but we're both really interested in the idea(s).
*Books
-Finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larrson. COMPLETE! And it was so good. I really enjoyed this series.
-Start and finish
Sex in the South: Unbuckling the Bible Belt by Suzi Parker.
FAIL-I decided to read another book instead (see my additional).
**Additional: Start and finish I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelo. A great read!**
*Work
-Volunteer in the Alzheimer's Walk. COMPLETE-KINDA-I was sick with a bad cold so I didn't technically do the walk (though I had planned on it!) but I did raise about $85 in the process so I'm counting it!
-Make baked goods for the Alzheimer's Bake Sale. COMPLETE-I made some yummy lemon-poppy seed muffins.
*Home
-Get a new couch (finally!!) COMPLETE-and it's gorgeous!
-Finish hanging pictures in living room.
FAIL-I am having a hard time trying to figure out that last picture I want to hang. It sounds silly but I just want it to be a good one, ya know? Maybe this weekend when "I have more time" I'll check it out and actually do it!
-Upload updated photos to the blog.
FAIL-you want to know why? Because our apt. is flilthy and I don't want the blogosphere seeing it in this condition, LOL!
*Family
-Visit my Aunt Lynn & Uncle Clyde at some point (both of who are aren't doing well in their health and I am worried about them...more on that in a later blog).
DRAW-I was able to see Uncle Clyde but not Aunt Lynn. I should be able to see her in October when I come down for FFFF (see October goals for details).
-Send sister her birthday present. She's 29! COMPLETE-I got her some cute personalized stationary with her initials on it-she loves stationary just as much as I do so I really hope she liked it! I also got her a card and an anniversary card since her wedding anny. is only a few days after her birthday.
*Fun
-Sign up for the Nashville Slut Walk. COMPLETE-and I can't WAIT for it! A bunch of us from school are going and a handful are making signs saying things like "Got consent?" and "We didn't ask for it" to help support those of sexual assault. I'll blog about that later once I do it!
-Start to organize a donation drive for battered women/domestic abuse victims here in my county. COMPLETE! Did you check out this blog? You really should...it's for a GREAT cause!! This is an ongoing project until November so I'll be bringing it up off and on throughout the next 2 months.
-Start the coaster crafts (found on my
pinterest.com page).
FAIL-again...no time! Maybe over Fall Break?
**Additional-A bunch of the Grad students got together for some Mexican, mingling and Margaritas! It was great fun.**
So the tally is:
COMPLETE- 9 FAIL- 6 ADDITIONAL- 2 DRAW- 1
All in all not too bad but you can clearly see where my priorities are falling *cough SCHOOL cough*!
I'm going to take it easier in October, yes?
No comments:
Post a Comment