Saturday, February 5, 2011

100th post!

Wow! I'm on my 100th post! Look at me go-a writin' and a bloggin', LOL.

In honor of my 100th post I shall "celebrate" with a long overdue project I have completed!

The bedroom table.  
(Those of you who follow probably are sick of hearing about it but it's done! No more random blogs saying I'll do something about it and then letting it fall by the waist-side!)

     In regards to said tables history: one of my best friends (Kelly) gave it to me when we moved in to our first place over a year and 1/2 ago. She was using it as her laundry table to set detergents and mismatched socks on but when they moved they had much more room so she gave it to us.  It was never fully finished (whether with primer or paint I'll still never know) but it had function so I took it.  It sat in the corner of our little "landing" in our last place but when we moved here I decided I'd like to use it in our bedroom...and there it has sat.  Kelly knows I love doing crafty/project-y things so she said I should renovate it.  So I did...well I wanted to.  I just never got around to it. It sits in the corner of our bedroom holding my jewelry box and a photo of my an my love so I never really saw the push to actually do something about it-that is until I started saying I would do something via my goals lists and then having to mark it as a FAIL every month.  So I sucked it up and this is how it came to be.

The bedroom table project-part 3

     After many an agonizing FAIL on my goals list I decided I'd had enough and wanted to do something about it.  I finally sanded and primed the actual table (with drawer chucked full of craft goodies removed).  Neither the sanding nor the priming actually took long and it was kind of fun.  I put the t.v. on in the background and made sure I was in "paint drip worthy" clothes.  I put on 2 coats of primer for good measure and left it for a few days to dry.
     After a few hectic days involving school and work I realized it was time to start painting it.  One thing that is very random and for some reason private (though never intended to be) is that I L.O.V.E. painting.  I can't actually DO the damn thing (meaning it won't look like a "work of art" and you not want to commission me) but I absolutely love to pretend I can.  Be it walls, tables or on canvas I thoroughly enjoy picking up the brush and opening a new can/tube or paint and going at it. Anyway: I cracked open the shaken can and smiled at the bright white paint glimmering up at me.  I was so excited to put this on a project I had been working on!
carefully painted the table-waiting several hours to put on the second and "sealing" coat.  It looks so nice and brand new!
     I only had 3 days left to complete the drawer before my January goals were to be done.  Luckily, I had a fairly light weekend so I sanded and primed the drawer before going out and about to do some light shopping and get my nails done before the great date.  The next day I splashed on 2 coats of that gorgeous white paint and it was done! The whole project was done (though not put together) and I was so excited!  Here's a shot of the drawer in its painted glory:

Just lovely.

So I moved the drawer back in to the bedroom to be placed with its partner. Table and drawer-together at last! I threw some details on it and it looks just fabulous!

Isn't it beautiful!? The basket holds all of the wedding stuff (cards, newspaper articles, etc.) patiently waiting to be organized and put away.
My favorite of our engagement photos graces the top
My bits and bobbles of jewelry
The finished product. I am very proud.

And that was how the table came to be-well: to be again, LOL.

Now if I could only keep my dresser clean our bedroom would look pretty decent with the new bedding and awesome table, haha!  We shall see....

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.