The other day Derrick and I got into an argument...I had to go to work before it was fully resolved, but when I came home last night, here is what I was given as an apology.
Roses are red, violets are blue, Jordan is mad & Derrick is too.
J-is for Jordan who wants Derrick to be nice
O-is for oh brother! the thing she's thinking now
R-is for Raley, the family she's now a part of
D-is for Derrick, the husband she wants to Sub-Zero uppercut (inside joke!)
A-is for asshole, what she thinks Derrick is
N-is for negotiation of peace, what Derrick wants most
R-is for rockin' what Jordan does best, her clothes always sharp and face never a mess
A-is for anxious, the way she's feeling about a car
L-is for lame, because this poem is sub-par
E-is for Elise, the prettiest middle name around
Y-is for your love, which can never simmer down
I love you.
Okay-could anyone still stay mad after this fun, original, and honest little poem? LOL. It made me laugh-which is usually the hardest barrier to break when we are arguing, but once broken always makes things calm down.
It was a bit personal but I had to share the silly side of my husband that a lot of people don't get to see and that is one of his most endearing qualities. His vows on our wedding day were also in a poem form- funny, sweet and SO romantic.
I like him.
And I think this is a very original and sincere apology, which I accepted.
Smile today...it's Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.







So. Stinkin'. Cute.
ReplyDelete