Sunday, October 31, 2010

October Goals-updated

Hello Ladies and Gents! Below are the goals I did and did not get accomplished for the month of October:

~School:
1) Study every day for the GRE until taken (fail-I didn't study as much as I should have and I accept)
2) Prep by studying guide and practice tests found online-with timers included (complete!)
3) Take GRE on October 29th (eeeeek!) (COMPLETE!!! DONE! FINISHED!-should get results back by Thanksgiving and should ALSO know if I've been accepted in to the Sociology Graduate Program!)


~Health:
1) Keep up running by doing so 4 days minimum per week (fail-with the whole knee situation I had to take a break-got back in to working out (via the elliptical until it's fully healed) 3 days a week and am doing quite well)
2) Clock at least 3 consecutive miles of straight running (Not sure? since I haven't been actually running I guess it's a fail-but I have clocked 2.87 miles and about .5 miles of elliptical and walking on the treadmill...so FAIL to running but COMPLETE to 3 miles-let's call this a stalemate)
3) Continue to watch sugar intake-hopefully shedding 1 inch or more from mid-section (complete! I don't think I've lost an inch but I have noticed my stomach is the tiniest bit flatter so I'll take it and work harder plus I notice as much as I LOVE sugar, I do surprisingly well without a ton in my system!)
4) Drink more dairy! (as a female in mid 20s, I am still not getting enough calcium for my bones to be able to rock n' roll in my older years-so I will find low carb dairy products [i.e. yogurts, milk, greens] to keep my sugar intake down but boost my bone density) (complete! Found a great sugar reduced yogurt, some good cheeses, and a little bit of skim milk thrown in for the month to go along with my calcium supplement)
5) Cut back coffee intake-I've been a bit nauseous lately (and no I am NOT pregnant) and I think that may be the culprit so I'm going to lay off completely for a few weeks and see...(Complete-I've cut back a lot, though not completely (I say as I drink some right now)-some of the nurses I work with helped deduce that I was most likely getting sick because I was taking all of my vitamins with coffee and on a pretty empty stomach. Once I changed that routine it quit!)

~Home:
1) Finish bathroom completely (hang rest of pictures) (fail- I've got the pics but couldn't find enough of the frames I needed, so I'll wait about another week and see if they've got more in store or I'll have to come up with another plan...)
2) Get and hang 2 shelves for living room (Complete! We actually have got 4 new shelves and will be hanging them up this evening)
3) Purchase DVD stand (fail-couldn't find one in store (Walmart or Target) so it looks like online ordering will do the trick)
4) Put pictures of updated home on blog (I'm counting this as complete since I'll be putting them up tonight after we finish the shelves)

~Friends:
1) See Shelley when she visits Chattanooga (I haven't seen her since the wedding!!) (complete!!! YAY! We had a few margaritas and shots with her boyfriend and a few other friends in downtown chatt-very fun and good to catch up!)
2) Throw belated bday lunch for Tonya (fail BUT I did get to see her in Jekyll and Hyde this month! So friendship counted, just moving the Bday dinner until a day where she doesn't have dang rehearsal! lol)
3) Visit Kelly, Wes and the boys (Complete! We will be seeing them in approximately 3 hours or so-I can't believe that little baby Dylan is already crawling like a mad man! Hopefully we'll have pics of that to come soon!)

~Assortment:
1) Put up Halloween decorations (yahoo!) (Complete! Pics to come with the update house pics later tonight)
2) Find Halloween costume (I'm thinking maybe this or this??) (fail-this is the first Halloween in as long as I can remember that I'm not doing anything and I'm okay with it! October has been so crazy and busy that I think it'll be good to just relax tonight-last night, in good spirits, I watched my FAVORITE movie "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and sang along)


Alright, so what's the score?  Complete=  10 goals, Fail=6 goals, Stalemate=1 goal


Not too shabby, right?  Considering this has been a CRAZY month I didn't do too bad!  Tomorrow I'll update my November goals-it's going to get INTENSE next month but I think I'm ready =]


**How was your October??**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.