I'm jumping on the band wagon I suppose, putting what I'm thankful for in writing for 30 days. While I'm not TOO keen on the idea (because we should be doing this anyway), I'm on board. These will be brief because I'm sure I've blogged about most of them before. Please note-I wrote these out daily, not just in a big swoop so there was a daily reflection regarding each and every one.
11-1: I am thankful for a supportive professor (Dr. Aday) who has helped me so much in my grad. school path.
11-2: I am thankful that my thesis is FINALLY done and its process is over.
11-3: I am thankful for getting to wake up everyday with Der by my side AND having this Saturday morning to drink coffee and watch movies.
11-4: I am thankful for two great people (Mairi and Kriss) who lent us their vacuum and steam cleaner. Not only does our carpet look a HELL of a lot better but this will also help my allergies!
11-5: I am thankful for Diet Dr. Pepper that has kept me up when I want to fall asleep.
11-6: I am thankful I was able to vote! It was my first time and I found it kind of special to see everyone come together for the day to make their voices heard.
11-7: I am thankful for a library card. Since my funds are low and I won't get to see my family until December, I went to the library and was able to check out some pretty awesome books to read in November. SCORE!
11-8: I am thankful for seeing some theater. I've been missing out lately and it was so nice to see a show again!
11-9: I am thankful for having a job interview (finally) AND I am thankful for a nice date with my husband.
11-10: I am thankful for being able to watch my awesome nephews-by-non-blood, Andrew and Dylan.
11-11: I am thankful for the military persons who have served, continue to serve, want to serve to help protect the U.S.
11-12: I am thankful for being literate. With my (obsessive) adoration for books and learning, I am SO thankful I had parents and teachers who taught me how to read!
11-13: I am thankful for Mexican lunch with a friend (Kadi).
11-14: I am thankful for crafting with a good friend (Amanda), making gifts for Christmas.
11-15: I am thankful for having time to relax when I wasn't feeling so great.
11-16: I am thankful for having a working and reliable car. It is quite a good one!
11-17: I am thankful for a having two hands, both of which work properly.
11-18: I am thankful for a spouse who works while I am still searching for a job.
11-19: I am thankful for hopes of a future job.
11-20: I am thankful for a successful interview AND an awesome class with some awesome folks.
11-21: I am thankful that my family loves and cares for my spouse like he is their own.
11-22: I am thankful for food in my belly and the funds to be able to provide that food.
11-23: I am thankful for the home we have. It's so nice to have a place to call home.
11-24: I am thankful for old musicals that make me tap my feet and cry from sweet lyrics.
11-25: I am thankful that it seems I just have sinus drainage instead of strep throat!
11-26: I am thankful, despite the bad headache I've had, for a good day.
11-27: I am thankful for a humbling class, where we discussed tough topics like female genital mutilation, feticide, and such. I am thankful that I have not had to go through (by force or by choice) this type of thing.
11-28: I am thankful for the one hour of glorious massage, where the stress of not having a job and ending my grad. school career was worked out of my body.
11-29: I am thankful for time to reflect.
11-30: I am thankful that my mom and sister are coming up tomorrow to visit and Christmas shop! I miss them both so much and can't wait!
So there ya go. 30 days of things I am thankful for. Remember to reflect on what you're thankful for every day and maybe write them down once and a while!
Friday, November 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.







No comments:
Post a Comment