Since I've lost my job, my daily routine has been a bit different.
Normally, when I had a job and a much busier school schedule, Saturdays were reserved for my main relaxation and cleaning...
But now that I have no job and my school schedule is drastically lighter, here's what I find my routine turning to:
1-Wake up, start coffee.
2-Feed dog, take dog out.
3-LOOK FOR/APPLY TO JOBS.
4-Check news, social media, blogs, etc.
5-Read.
6-Repeat. EVERY. DAY.
(granted some days vary when I have my GA work to do but even still...it's not dramatic)
How D-U-L-L. Well-maybe not for some-but it is to me. I'm starting the 12th week of being unemployed and I am going crazy! When this first happened my mom suggested: "Why don't you work on the projects you normally wouldn't have time to? Re-organize your closet, clean out the kitchen, etc." Sounds good, right? Well I did that...weeks ago! I live in an apartment so there's only so much cleaning, reorganizing, etc. I can DO. The place is clean, organized, ready to be decorated for Christmas. Now what?
Read. I have done a TON of reading (which I truly don't mind) but I start to feel guilty when that's all I do.
Volunteer you suggest? Here's the issue: I don't want to set a volunteer schedule with some place only to get a job and then have to bail...would it kill my time and help others? Absolutely...but it would also be very rude of me to start and then leave so I'm holding out until the beginning of the year.
I'm not my best when I'm not busy. I know it may seem strange but my mood, energy, productivity, and overall outlook are so much better when I am slightly overwhelmed. Having only a job and no graduate school will already be a big change since I've been doing it for 2 years but to have neither? WHOA NOW, SLOW DOWN!
*sigh* I just want a job. I want to feel purpose and motivation again. I like working. Even if I won $10,475,027,175 I still would do something with my time...probably travel and volunteer! But until that happens...I'd just like a job. I am looking into areas both in and outside of my field and my scope of practice. I am being reasonable (actually undercutting) in what I'm asking for salary-wise and commuting.
Sorry if this blog seems whiney and down. I just didn't anticipate this going on this long. Maybe if I can get something by the start of the year that'd be great.
Cross fingers and toes, eh?
Monday, November 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.







No comments:
Post a Comment