Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness Wednesdays

Happy Hump Day everyone!  I hope the week has been treating you well thus far.

I am trying something new with my blog today-I am hoping to start Random Acts of Kindness Wednesdays.

I've wanted to do a weekly thing for a while but since I hardly got a bite when I did the giveaway and when trying to do another had the donor back out, I opted for something different.

I'm trying to get my blog seen by more people (Luckily Traci P. is helping me sort out the re-vamping of my blog) so maybe a weekly something can help...we shall see.

So-what is a random act of kindness?  ANYTHING!  It can be sending your mother flowers just because, it can be buying the coffee of the person behind you, it can be mailing acard to a random address just to say hello and offer words of encouragement, and it can be doing charity work by offering YOUR time and YOUR money to someone else in need.  It is literally a random act where you put yourself and your needs aside and do something sincerely nice and decent for someone else.

I want to make Wednesdays the main day to do the random act but if I do something (or see something) before or after then Wednesday will be the day I report on it. =]

Today I am not doing the act but reporting on my future act.  I randomly bought my brother a CD (Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf) because I remember my mom telling me how much he liked the music.  I also randomly bought my mother a jigsaw puzzle.  This seems kind of silly but I remember her doing puzzles ALL OF THE TIME when I was a kid and wonder if she misses doing them (I'm suspecting she's slacked on them because she has 2 cats who would LOVE to play with/eat the pieces...).  My mom will be coming up on Saturday so I plan on giving her these little "just because" tokens of love.  There is nothing better than doing something for someone because you genuinely care about their happiness over yours.

So there it is! My random act for the week.  I hope this sparks you to do more for others, to realize our life is comprised of others so they too need to be treated with decency and respect and maybe...just maybe you will really bring someone out of a bad day just by being you.

Now go out and do something good for the people of this world!

Happy Spring,
JeR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.