Who would have thought that the 90s movie "Clueless" would inspire me....
Seriously. It's bizarre.
Here's the deal: I'm not that great with clothes. I have a laid back/comfortable style but there are times when I need to be more polished and professional for my job and for my future career in research/academia. And I've got (some) pieces that assist in the polishing...but my biggest issue is putting the damn pieces together!
Am I alone in this?
Is it just my OCD flaring up?
Is Pinterest to blame for their awesome clothes and great pieced outfits that I am becoming obsessed with?
*Le sigh*
I tried looking for an virtual closet online. I mean you would think that if Cher (from Clueless) had this awesome computer wardrobe sorter back in the 90s (and yes, I know it's a movie) you would think something would be available online for this sort of thing in 2012 with all of the technology that's around...but I have found nothing really with the exception of one website which is entirely awkward to navigate and laid out wrong. Plus the hubs lets me know that this type of un-user friendly site is a great place to attract virus'....
So what will I do you ask? I am making it a mission to have a virtual closet so I can view all of my options and get opinions on outfits I want to piece together while keeping track of when I wore things last (which will be VERY helpful in my donation binges) and where I got them. Tedious? Yes. A bit cumbersome to upkeep? Absolutely. Worth it? I'd like to think so. I really think this could be beneficial. Hell-maybe if I find that it works very well I'll create a website that will be user friendly and virus free, ha ha!
You see-I find that when I'm not sure what to wear because I don't have time to really spend sorting and matching different pieces together or am too overwhelmed by my choices (overwhelmed not because I have that many pieces but because I'm not that great at it) I tend to wear the same. old. things. And that's just boring!
Do you ever find yourself looking through pictures and noticing you're wearing the same shirt or same accessories or same dress to dressier occasions? I do and I'm bored with it.
I want to know that I have versatile pieces that can work with a multitude of things in my wardrobe. I want to know what I'm lacking (both piece and color wise). I want to know that I don't have to go spend a ton of money on new clothes because there are so many ways to re-invent what I've got...I just need a way to sort it out!
I am lucky to have a few great fashion goddesses as friends/family who are fortunate enough to just know how to pull these things together constantly...and I will be using them constantly in helping me with this project.
So what do you think-do you think this is a colossal waste of time? Do you think this is a neat idea? Do you think it won't work? If so, why? Would you do this? Do you have a way to mix/match things together for awesome wardrobe changes? Do you know of a site that already exists and works well?
I NEED YOUR FEEDBACK! HELP!
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Powered by Blogger.







I would pay a subscription for a website like that, that's how good of an idea it is and how much I need to do the exact same damn thing!! Just yesterday, I was looking through my closet and pulled out a denim skirt I haven't worn since 2007 which somehow survived the great Goodwill giveaways of 2009 and 2011. Your site needs to have a support group for getting rid of things that don't work, too. A loving way of saying, "Oo, girrrrrl, no no no." to help ladies like me get rid of pieces they LOVE, but just aren't flattering. Like me in an A-line denim skirt.
ReplyDelete