Friday, June 10, 2011

"Our own physical body possesses a wisdom which we who inhabit the body lack. We give it orders which make no sense." -Henry Miller

Have you ever put something into your body that you knew wasn't good for you and then, just to prove it, your body almost immediately rejects it?

Case in point: Sonic.

I have been eating fairly well this week and trying to eat small portions of the things that aren't so good for me.  Well last night, the husband and I decided to get something quick to eat since I didn't want to make dinner. Sonic it was and I got the worst things to eat: chicken finger sandwich, mozzarella sticks, and an Oreo blast.

Needless to say, my body, being blatantly pissed that I'd betray it with such crap, gave me about 10 minutes to savor it all before starting heavy stomach cramps and then promptly leaving my body.

10 minutes.

I should have known better.  But at least this way I didn't even have time to feel guilty for eating so horribly and my body gave me a 1 time get-out-of-jail-free-card so I can know better in the future.

Our bodies are so smart and independent.

So today: breakfast will be egg whites & 1 piece of plain toast, lunch will be fruit and a 6" sub sandwich, and dinner will be baked non-breaded chicken, peas and carrots-with a bit of dog walking and working out mixed in there.

I apologize to you body and today, I will make it up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.