Monday, June 6, 2011

My poetry

In my old laptop, which is now on the fritz, I had a file of my poetry.  I won't say it was all glorious and bound for the next Agnes Lynch Starett Poetry Award, but it was something I was so proud of. 

Mom says I have the ability to write.  I don't know how much of that I believe.  My spelling is horrible and my vocabulary is not anywhere close to where it should be (though I will say my imagination and excitement over adjectives does give me a little "edge").

I haven't written anything of legitimacy in almost 3 years and it breaks my heart. 

I want my poetry back.  I want to see if it's still good or if I will be laughing and wishing I left the laptop dead.

But I miss my poetry. 

I really need to get that damned laptop fixed.

Do you have something from your past you want to re-submerge yourself into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.