Sunday, September 12, 2010

My husband ROCKS

It's true. I'm going to brag for the most part in this blog so if you're not up to hearing me gloat, move along to another blog.

Okay so let me recap it all: Derrick got loan money for this semester and we've finally indulged ourselves and bought some cool stuff-new PC, new monitor, Bose headphones, knick knacks, school books, recreational books, a new vacuum (yahoo!), a bike and bike lock, new XBox 360 slim, video games, HP #1 audio book, blah blah blah.  He got a lot and since we do alright with my paycheck, it was a bunch of "play" money so we could catch up on things we wanted-FINALLY.  With that being said, Der said he wanted to do a grand date with surprises for me since he doesn't get to do that often. So we'd been talking about it and planning for it for almost a month-and naturally I got SO excited! But with the car wreck we thought things would have to be postponed and that made me very sad.  It's the little things in life to me-I wasn't upset about my car being totaled, I was upset about our date and getting my hair done, lol. (I know-priorities, right?!) So, we got a rental car yesterday and decided to still go on with the date-YAY!!

Alright, so I went and got my hair done...and did I get it done! 


Ignore the bad photo-it was from my crappy phone & has been slept on since yesterday BUT-it's much shorter and now a chestnut color! I've never had my hair colored anything but shades of blond and a few red streaks, and even then it was like 5 years ago, but I'm DIGGIN' the new style and color.  Once I can get some better pics I'll post them here  =]

It was a great surprise for both Derrick and me-he likes it! He's now calling me his "dark haired lady" or "black beauty" instead of his "blond bombshell".  He's so cute.

Okay so when I came home I started getting ready while he was running date errands and I was so excited!

  When he came home he had these: 


 a dozen of lovely red roses. 

 I love getting flowers from anyone, especially from my husband!  It was so nice.   I thought there was a card in the middle of them but when I pulled it out it was a Starbucks card for $25! Ah, he supports my coffee habit-good man.  (I used it this morning for the seasonal Pumpkin Spice latte and a blueberry muffin-delicious.)

So we continued to get ready and once it was time we got in the rental and headed out! I had no idea what we were doing or where we were going but I was excited-new doo, cute dress, heels (though a little tight), and some matching jewelry. I like having a reason to get dolled up sometimes, ya know? So he took me to the mall-I was wondering if he was going to take me to Olive Garden? TGIFridays? Hmm...well we got out and I remembered he said 1 of my surprises was "something I could wear"-which doesn't help too much because one can wear almost anything. Lingerie? Shoes? Earrings? Perfume? I was so curious. We got out holding hands (me blushing a bit because I like being on his arm) and he took me to Charlotte Russe-to get new shoes!!! *Insert melting here* I'm not even a huge shoe guru but come on-they were cute, fairly inexpensive, and SO SWEET of a gesture!

I got 2 pairs


a pair of short tan boots and a pair of dark gray heels with button details (both SO cute and comfy!)

*le sigh* It was wonderful.  So then we went to Carrabba's for dinner-a great place for yummy food and a sweet, romantic atmosphere.  We had great appetizers, wonderful dinner, and delicious tiramesu for dessert.

All and all a WONDERFUL date.  A wonderful husband. A wonderful time. <3 

2 comments:

  1. Damn him... Setting the bar up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the new hair, lady! And the shoes are delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.