Sunday, September 26, 2010

Alive indeed, my friends

Hey everyone!

I am not dead-it's just been a crazy September!  Well-not crazy I guess just...intense?

 It's weird-ever since my car wreck on September 8th I feel like my world has been thrown backwards and upside down.  Even though most of my life has remained the same (I had a rental for 2 weeks) it feels like everything has slacked (mostly me) and fallen by the waist side.  It may have to do with the sickness me and Der both carried around for 2 weeks (he for 1 week, me for the other) as well...I honestly don't really know.

Work has maintained it's same progress and fervor-when I didn't have a car I got rides. Home life has been wonderful with us being sick as an exception. But I feel so overwhelmed and lost without our car-which is funny because if I didn't have to have a car I'd be okay without it. And then to top that-when Derrick was coming off of his sickness, I was starting to get it-and I think I got it much worse.  His immune system rocks! I got meds and LOTS of sleep but it's still lingering a bit in my lungs with congestion and mucus...I don't know.  It just seems that just yesterday and today I finally feel like I'm getting my barrings on life again and being able to get back in my routine of things. (Wow-when reading over that-you'd think someone died! lol)

Well anyway-it's starting to be back to normal and that makes me feel better (and honestly a bit more sane).

Okay, so:

I've officially got my new running shoes! Today I am actually trying them out with my friend John at the Greenway here in M'Boro. Since my lungs are still a bit cruddy the run itself may not be as good but I'm still going to try. The weather is too nice not to, ya know?


Aren't they pretty?! Purple, white, and silver. 7 1/2 Reebok Overruns DMX. LOVE them.  Hopefully I'll love them more after I actually run in them, lol.

I've been slacking something major the past week on GRE studying. I'm not proud of it...but it's the truth.  I've saved a site on the computer for some GRE practice tests, but I need to brush up more on my math before I start all of those. I can't believe that I take it in a little less than 5 weeks! AHHH!! I can't believe that I may be starting school back in January. I missssssssssssss it.

I have also slacked on reading.  I am a firm believer that no one has an excuse not to read. NO ONE. I think reading is the best way to expand knowledge and universal learning-no matter what you're reading-magazines, interesting articles, books, plays, etc. But I have slacked on this as well (not proud of this either) so tonight I plan on reading more on Portrait of Dorian Gray to catch up.


I have officially moved up a bra size (yippee!) Normally I'd think it's because of weight gain but since I've lost a little bit of weight in my stomach and hips, I guess the weight I gained last year is a bit in my boobs-so yay for bigger boobs and a bit smaller waist, lol!!  I got measured and picked up a new one yesterday-which can make a girl feel sexy even if it's not a sexy bra. I like it =]  It's the Victoria Secret Angels Dream Demi in nude-very cute and COMFORTABLE!

We are still in search of a new car. Derrick's parents are helping us look for something newer. Hopefully we can have something by this coming weekend-if we still can't find something then we'll have to settle on something just so we can have something. (I've been trying to put a picture of the car we're talking about but the blog is not having it) It's a bit inconvenient not having a car for the little things-groceries, medicine, mail...but luckily my bff Kelly took me to get groceries and to do a bit of shopping (got new brown flats) yesterday to catch me up for the week, lol. I'm already apologizing to people who are giving me rides to and from work, the store, for lunch-maybe I'll make some cookies as a thank you...

I've decided that October is going to be an intensive month for me in regards to studying and prepping for the GRE (with Tonya's B-Day surprise at the beginning as an exception). So-I am going to call November my creative month. I will do something every day that is creative-and my blogging will not be counted! I'm excited =] I got the idea from another woman's blog and I really liked it! Seems perfect for Christmas being around the corner and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I coming out.  Once the end of October comes around I'll give more details about the projects and I'll blog about them once completed. Yay!


Get ready-I will start blogging more because I am, indeed, back on my game =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.