Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Married Life: Part I

Well ladies and gents: I am not only an official married lady but ALSO have been married for an entire week!  Yes, surreal and incredible.  The entire process was long and stressful and intense but it was all totally worth it.

It has thus far been (cliche, I know) the best day of my life. I am married to an intricate and complex individual who makes me think and laugh everyday-two things I need and am forever grateful for.

<--- Check out that smooch!!  Such a good one and seemed to have lasted for days  =]

Anyway, our wedding day was grand.
To start: the day was gorgeous and hot.  There were really no potholes (a few small mishaps but that's considered good luck) in the plans and it all went so smoothly.  I am a very proud bride, wife, and Mrs. 
Next: I got to spend a lot of time with some awesome ladies (see pic below) who made my day as stress free and fun as possible-not to mention they made sure I was breathtaking for my groom.


These girls literally made my life for the day-helped calm me down, laugh, cry and everything in between. From left we have-Me, Jennifer (sister and Matron of  Honor), Destiny (bff and Maid of Honor), Kelly (bff and bridesmaid) and Shelley (last bff and bridesmaid).  Tonya was not present for this pic but she was an INCREDIBLE help that day and was literally fantastic in everything she did.  I don't think she'll ever really know how much I appreciate her and Destiny for all of the help.  Of course, no wedding day, or really any day for that matter, would be complete without my mother, Janet.  She is the most powerful and amazing woman I've ever met and I strive to be like her every day.
That's her and my dad-a great pair though divorced.  It's nice that they get along so well and could make Derrick and mine's wedding day as special and fun as it was!  Granted, I wept like a little girl when I saw my dad because he's just a big ol' teddy bear and cried the entire time from when he saw me to the pronouncement, lol. It was pretty sweet really, as was our dance-The Beach Boys "God Only Knows".


 Afterwards, since it was so hot, I told the boys they could all change back into their casual clothes since it was topping 90 and humid and they had like 3 layers on.  It was such a nice, quiet, intimate, and relaxing evening.  


When we departed, we ran to the Inn across the street from our venue and settled in for out wedding night.  Chocolate covered strawberries and comfy pillows definitely helped make it a comfortable stay ;]


Our honeymoon was to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida and let me tell you: the words amazing and flabbergasted and astounding don't EVEN do the place justice.  It was such a phenomenal time getting to be such a big kid with my husband. Perfect locale for us kids  =D  We got back yesterday from everything, picked up Tucker from getting fixed and boarded, and are now back home trying to find a new place to live and make our first home as Mr. and Mrs.-another new adventure that I'm sure will be a challenge yet exciting.  


Well cap'n I just wanted to update you on this crazy life I've been living for the past 7 days-INTENSE and amazing; wouldn't trade it for $1 mil.


I will be starting a goal blog thanks to Alli S. I've always had goals (long and short term) and the list is in my head but it'll be nice to put them in writing and follow my progress and kick my own ass if needed when I start slacking.


Once it's up you all will be posted! Give me a week or 2 since the move will be priority #1 right about now.


Love for always and ever,
JeR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.