Saturday, May 1, 2010

It seems all tea parties and shot glasses...well, it really is.

Hello lovelies,

I'm back-here.  I've been mega busy (duh, 12 days until I get married!) so forgive me for slacking a bit in the blog department.

Let's do a quick (okay that's a lie-this may be fairly long) recap of life over the past few weeks, shall we?

 2 weekends ago-I had an AMAZING tea party thrown by my sister (matron of honor) and let me tell you-SO. MUCH. FUN.  See incredible pics and info on the details of such a great day.  We all wore hats, dresses, and heels-naturally making us feel ultra femme and a bit pompous really.  The queen overlooked while we sipped our milk & sugar filled tea and ate our scones and clotted cream-delicious. We laughed oh-so-much to the point of crying whilst taking pictures in from of the tea room-God I love my bridal party: could I have asked for anyone better?!  Our scrumptious tea spread-it was SO good!  Even split between 6 women-it was quite plenty and the tea was out of this world! Seriously, I am a HUGE fan of tea and this was literally the best tea (cream and sugar included) I've ever drank.  Cheers to the English Rose Tea Room!

Notice the pinkie is out! With the Queen overlooking, I'd hoped not to disappoint.

I know I'm not the only one who had such a grand and silly time-it was really nice getting a bit dressed up to go have afternoon tea with the girls-something you think is only said as a 5 year old but no my chickies, we said it, did it, and LOVED it all as women over 22.  There are far too many pictures to post here but most of the individual bride/bm pics are of use laughing hysterically and being silly.

This is most of my bridal party-Starting from Left: Jen (sister and Matron of Honor), Shelley (BM and high school friend), Me (duh-bride to be!), Destiny (Maid of Honor and high school best friend), and Kelly (BM and college best friend).  Tressa (sister of the groom and BM), Tonya (Wedding attendant and college friend), and Trish (mother of the groom) were all absent but they were there in spirit and we had a good time for them. My mother was there, of course, but she was taking the picture. I seriously doubt I could ask for a better crew-LOVE these ladies!


The next day Destiny and Mom helped me make the Guest book, gussy up the wedding bells, make a shirt, and all and all get some stuff ready for the wedding-it's becoming more and more surreal that it's happening so soon! 12 DAYS! Whoa.

Anyway, after I came back to the Boro for the week, I got ready and got my party panties on for my Bachelorette Party! A lot of the girls originally invited couldn't come and that made me a bit sad BUT the girls who were there made it TOTALLY fantastic and more worth my while than I thought!  Let's start with the dinner at TGIFridays-a good handful of us sat and drank a bit of the night away (yours truly with Madori Sours), ate some yum yum food and dominated some "dick whistle" cupcakes! Let me tell you: the joy this brought to pretty much everyone (including random prom girls 2 tables over) was incredible.  After dinner we proceeded to trot to Hair of the Dog Pub and open gifts and take a few shots before our VIP tickets at "Here Come the Mummies" live show at R&B. Naturally, the gifts were a bit of a scandal but I'm a little excited to see how they wear on the Honeymoon ;]  The shots were good (I know, right?!) and then we high tailed it to see the show-and let me say-WOW. If you haven't seen the band (or even heard their music):

 you are SERIOUSLY missing out on
a wonderful jam band and a FANTASTIC live show!

We had many shots, danced in a packed and sweaty crowd, and all and all had a great night.  We finally made it back up to Shelley's house where a bunch of sleep ensued.  Once the pictures are uploaded, I cross my heart I'll upload them for those who take an interest in my rare party life, lol.

The next day, a bit hung over and ULTRA tired, Destiny and I made our way to the final wedding consultation and we finally got all of the details and menu sorted out-let me just brag a little about how YUMMY our food will be!  We also worked on some centerpiece stuff, random wedding details, and finally got the programs printed.  A very busy and intense weekend but I wouldn't have traded it for a pot of gold.

Luckily, this weekend should be rather lulled-THANK GOD-momma bear needs a tiny break before the madness ensues. Granted-it's still busy with making programs, cake tasting, music burning, honeymoon packing...but even then-still a bit relaxing.

Tomorrow is my 23rd birthday-SWEET! I have not a plan in the world (besides hopefully sleeping in) but I still suspect it will be a good day (as it usually is).

Give my regards to your heart and I'm sure we'll chat again soon-once the pics are up and the wedding looms even closer I'll really be needing to blog, lol.

<3 J

2 comments:

  1. I love you and I'm sorry I've missed out on so much fun, so far but I suspect there will be plenty of good time ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! There shall be-I mean we need to get together to exchange love and cds anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.